Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2094 at Bonhams Scottsdale #89 *

According to Bonhams US site, their automobile premium is 10%.

You have to read this statement correctly:
    BUYERS' PREMIUM AND CHARGES
    For all Sales categories excluding Arms & Armor, Coins & Medals, Motor Cars, Motorcycles, and Wine & Whisky:
    Wes Hall

1966 Ford Mustang
    1934 Ford 2 Dr Sedan
    1934 Ford 5 Wdw Coupe
    1926 Model T Coupe
    1925 Model T Touring

Quote Originally Posted by arpwh View Post
    According to Bonhams US site, their automobile premium is 10%.

You have to read this statement correctly:
    BUYERS' PREMIUM AND CHARGES
    For all Sales categories excluding Arms & Armor, Coins & Medals, Motor Cars, Motorcycles, and Wine & Whisky:
    Thank ypu Wes, I should have read more carefully. My apologies to you and the Forum.

So the winning bid must have been $58,000 + 10% BP.
    William Otterson
    C56R3756

Wink

Guys, read the conditions of Bonhams a little further. In the US they take 10% on the hammerprice for Motorcars!!!
    http://www.bonhams.com/how_to_buy/16398/
    Peter Baumgardt

Red face

Sorry I read Wes's and Williams comments too late, You've got it already.
    Peter Baumgardt

Default 2094 F/S ebay Minneapolis Jaguar $84999

Back on ebay see below:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lincoln-Mark...-/262302985966
    Seller: jlrclassicsminneapolisjaguarandla...

1956 Continental MKII

This low-mileage, multiple-concours winning example, displays an exceptional restoration, and must be one of the finest Continentals available today. The luxurious Lincoln Continental was purchased new as a wedding gift in 1956, by Fred Lagomarsino, for his bride Claribel Lagomarsino. The couple would settle down in Tulare, California, where the car would remain for the next 32 years.

Dr. Peter Kruger also of Tulare purchased the Continental Coupe in 1988, at which point the car had accumulated just over 20,239 miles. Dr. Kruger had been actively involved with the Lincoln Continental Owners Club for 25 years, and his Continentals were recognized as exceptional examples, having won all the LCOC Major Trophies. Dr. Kruger repainted the car in the original white, but left the balance of the cars cosmetics alone due to their exceptional original and well-preserved conditions.

The beautiful Continental would soon after make its first appearance on the concours scene. At the September 1988 LCOC Western National Meet the white Coupe won 1st in Class; Best V-8 Engine and the coveted Ford Motor Company Trophy for the best Mk II against a field of 7 Mk II Continentals. The concours-winning Continental was later purchased by prominent collector Abbey Silverstone, and remained in Mr. Silverstones possession until it was purchased by the consignor; a California-based enthusiast with a taste for the best of the best. During Mr. Silverstones ownership the Continental was kept in a climate controlled environment, and used sparingly.

Today, this luxurious Continental remains in exceptional condition. The odometer reads less than 21,000 miles; a figure indeed believed to be the cars mileage from new. The car is offered with an original owner’s manual, factory service manual, LCOC manuals, tools and history file.
    John Snoddy

Unhappy

From $63,800 to $85,000 in 4 weeks just by washing the car and bringing it from Scottsdale to Minneapolis. Wow!
    Peter Baumgardt

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Baumgardt For This Useful Post:

Shelly Harris (02-23-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Baumgardt View Post
    From $63,800 to $85,000 in 4 weeks just by washing the car and bringing it from Scottsdale to Minneapolis. Wow!
    They had to pay a lot to add the rainbow...
    Joseph Stebbins

c56j3340

I don't care if the car has 21,000 miles or 21 miles, it still has 60 years on it and the seats show it. It's cool that they're still original, but it's time to re-do them and 83K doesn't reflect that. And, as Barry often points out, when you have a car that old that hasn't been gone through, you really don't know what you will find until you tear it apart. I'd pay 60 for it though, in a heartbeat.
    Russell Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by RL Chilton View Post
    I don't care if the car has 21,000 miles or 21 miles, it still has 60 years on it and the seats show it. It's cool that they're still original, but it's time to re-do them and 83K doesn't reflect that. And, as Barry often points out, when you have a car that old that hasn't been gone through, you really don't know what you will find until you tear it apart. I'd pay 60 for it though, in a heartbeat.
    New attitude about classics, especially at this level, "They're only original once."
    William Otterson
    C56R3756

Quote Originally Posted by VidyBidneth View Post
    New attitude about classics, especially at this level, "They're only original once."
    Yes, I know. Trouble is, I'm still old school. Guess I'm only original once, too.
    Russell Chilton