Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Doing A Favor" Thread?

Bob Barger Guest

Who is the knowledgeable person that will draft the checklist? I'm available to do checks in southern CA.

Count me in for New York,Long Island area. Can do southern Maine to. I feel tons of pictures texted or emailed help. I've done two for some on here , I know that both were happy. One car is still for sale needing much work.
    Anthony Orofino
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Anthony Orofino
    Mt. Sinai N.Y.

Default consider this

To help this idea along..... I could open up a forum area in the Marketplace section... call it something like "request a member to check out a car". Those willing to do it can checkout the forum regularly for any requests that get posted. Should this forum be available to all or only to Sponsoring Members ? Comments on any issue this may raise are solicited.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

I think leaving it open to all may be beneficial in two ways. One, there may be people who will assist that may not otherwise be available for sponsors. Two, it may encourage people to become sponsors once they see some of the benefits of sponsorship and just how many knowledgeable people are available to assist one another. Just my 2 cents...
    Sean Rollins

C56C2591

I am no where near the aficionado on Mark IIs that others seem to be but I would be more than willing to check out a car in my area-- (sunny Sacramento)

I hired a "professional" appraiser to check out the Mark II I was buying in Atlanta and he was LOUSY. Having someone who is knowledgeable about our Marks would have been very welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Rollins View Post
    I think leaving it open to all may be beneficial in two ways. One, there may be people who will assist that may not otherwise be available for sponsors. Two, it may encourage people to become sponsors once they see some of the benefits of sponsorship and just how many knowledgeable people are available to assist one another. Just my 2 cents...
    Yes I would also say leaving it open for all would be a good idea as well. Perhaps somebody who has just joined who is still looking(or is trying to build up some courage) for his or her first Mark II and doesn't know where to begin would find this very helpful. After they take the plunge and then purchase one then they would most likely become a sponsering member.

I have had to unretire and help a struggling business so maybe ya'll have noticed I haven't been very active recently.
    I hope that changes soon.

Nevertheless, I can cover central and SE Ohio.

Also, somewhere in my boxes of stuff and files, I have a. Mark II inspection checklist that Lowell Domholdt used.

Lowell was a professor of Mechanical Engineering, so it is the mothe of all inspection checklists! As soon as I find it I will make it available to all!
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH