Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3811 begins her new life

John Herrell Guest

Default A few random musings after, what, 3 days...

Don't expect you can ever "hide out" in your Mark II!

Allow extra time at all gas stops. (I might hang a sign on my neck: Conversation, $10. naaaaaaa)

I love the line (heard more than once): "That is the most beautiful car I have ever seen." I love the line because I agree 100%.

Names must be bestowed. I've never named an automobile, but I will Shirley name this one. Funny thing, the first guy at the first gas stop said exactly the same opening line as the first guy at the second gas stop: "That is One Beautiful MoFo!" That's almost a name, but I think I'll save it for her dirty little private name.

I wuz pondering today how many have named theirs, "True Love." I won't but I could.

John Herrell Guest

re: gawkers

Oh yeah, and then there's the ones who pull up on the left and hover 'til you look over so they can show you some thumbs up.

Wuz bemused by one guy who was hangin back there at "7 o'clock." I wondered whatinhell he was doing and then realized he'd retrieved his camera.

Hey, it's good being King.

Spike Johnson Guest

bet they're looking in the back for Miss Daisey.
    And when the see you, they're wondering what you did with her .
    you're lovin it aint cha

Make sure ya get some pictures with Connie when she see it

John Herrell Guest

Default Mileage todate

For those who enjoy such minutia:

Missouri to The Continental Divide (1,330 miles) 14.5 mpg;
    Comin down the west slope (and The Great Basin) (400 miles so far) 17.2 mpg. Not shabby.

That's got to be a GREAT trip! Enjoy! And Congratulations.
    Russell Chilton

as I mentioned in a different loop we named ours
    Sheila Noya because she was so derned troublesome when we first purchased her

John Herrell Guest

Further on the mileage. Kinda interesting (for me). The first 1,100 miles (after sitting all these years), the mileage averaged 14.3 and no tankful was over 15. The next 2,700 miles, the average was 15.7 and no tankful was under 14.

markd Guest

...and when might we see some of your own pictures of your chariot? Especially those along the cross-country journey.

John Herrell Guest

Quote Originally Posted by markd View Post
    ...and when might we see some of your own pictures of your chariot? Especially those along the cross-country journey.
    I'm not good about photos. (That's an understatement.) I'd put one in the Member's Garage ("3811 lives" IIRC) and I just added another.
    Will probly get some good pix from the wedding.