Thread: High society on Netflix

Default High society on Netflix

For all you high society fans has just been uploaded onto Netflix
    Jacob Dout
    Denver Colorado

John Herrell Guest

Default Fan? That be ME!

Inspired by this post, I just watched it for the third or maybe fourth time. First time was the most memorable. Just released and I was all of 12 years old. For some reason my dad drove me to the theater (a good 10 miles away) and dropped me off (solo) for the afternoon. I still find that whole thing curious. But I was and am a romantic. That's how long I've loved that car. (The other time(s) were long ago.) Here's the really odd thing. Until seeing it again just now, I wouldda bet a Mark II pink slip that it was Bing Crosby who drove that car. (I guess the fates are being kind to me in this instance. Sure glad I didn't just lose THAT bet!)

Default High Society

John, I have not seen that movie since it first came out and, as you, was quite impressed, especially seeing the black Mark ll roll along the circular drive. My memory is the it was driven by an old guy who played Grace Kelly's father, but I would not bet on that either.
    Andrew Aloisi

1956 Mark ll D2815
    2003 Chrysler Sebring Ltd. convertible
    2014 Mercedes E350 station wagon
    2015 BMW 750I

The old guy was Louis Calhern, one of the great character actors of his time.

The may well have been Sinatra's. He owned #1884, black with grey and white leather, just like the one in the film.

Alan Harris
    C56D2744

John Herrell Guest

I read that Ford provided the car for the filming.