Thread: Pebble Beach

Default Pebble Beach

Hi All,

There will be a "Continental" class at the Pebble Beach Concours in 3 weeks. There will be only 4 cars in it and it will not be judged. A '40, '48, a '62 slab-side, and my '56 Mark II. So, I will be representing the Mark II at Pebble. I've been doing stuff to my car for a year to get it ready for this. I hope it is worthy. If any of you are going to Pebble, come by and say hi.

I think this class was pushed by Ford to highlight the heritage of the Continental since they have a new Continental coming out in 2016.
    John Campbell
    Irvine, California
    C56C2516

Good Luck Joe...Looking forward to a complete report.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

2015 Pebble Beach is all over now. My Mark II was on the Tour D'Elegance which is the 75 mile drive on Thursday. Then on Saturday, Lincoln Motor Company asked to do a photo shoot at Spanish Bay which they plan to post on Lincoln Link and other places as part of the run-up to the introduction of the 2017 Continental about a year from now. They took 8,000 pictures. Not kidding. Then Saturday night featured a display of my Mark II and the 2017 Concept Continental in front of the Automotive Fine Arts Society Gala by the 18th green at Pebble. The 2 cars are almost the same color and you can see many design cues from the Mark II in the new Continental when they are side by side. Then Sunday was the Concours itself. The class was not judged so no awards for anyone. But it was a privilege to be on the lawn at Pebble Beach.

Throughout the weekend the Mark II attracted enormous attention. 3 publications already have pictures of it in their write-ups on Pebble. It was a wonderful experience. I will post some pictures once I download everything. For now, here;s one Auto Week did at "dawn patrol" when the car was unloaded from the truck to go to the lawn on Sunday morning. 5_12.jpg
    John Campbell
    Irvine, California
    C56C2516

Here's a picture of the 2 Continentals (1956 & 2017) in front of the Fine Arts Society building. Also a picture of me with the designed of the new Continental on the lawn at Pebble Sunday with my Mark II. You may note that I tried to dress the 1950s part. IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg
    John Campbell
    Irvine, California
    C56C2516