Thread: Blind Buying

Default Blind Buying

Anyone near Waco?

We're in the process of buying a valuable 50s car for possibly 5% of its restored value.

Yes, it needs to be restored.

We haven't looked at it.

We'll send the bank transfer and hope the deal is real.

Anyone near Waco, Texas who could check this out just to see if there really is a car in the guy's driveway?
    William Otterson
    C56R3756

JCB Guest

Don't do it without seeing the car in person or with an inspection.

Default 3737 F/S Near Hartford, CT (Plainville)

Quote Originally Posted by VidyBidneth View Post
    Anyone near Waco?
    We're in the process of buying a valuable 50s car for possibly 5% of its restored value.
    Yes, it needs to be restored.
    We haven't looked at it.
    We'll send the bank transfer and hope the deal is real.
    Anyone near Waco, Texas who could check this out just to see if there really is a car in the guy's driveway?
    Just wanted to make sure you saw this on 3737. It looks fairly complete and is closer to you. Good luck. John
    John Snoddy

I saw it. Comments about it shedding rust as the pictures were taken scared me off. But will follow up as soon as the cash flows.

The Blind Buy is progressing. Buy it for $5. Possibly worth $132 after bringing it up to #1. Oh, the cost benefit curve?Yeah, go for the biggest benefit for the least cost. So go for somewhere between 2 and 3 and sell it for $70.

No, not a Mark II.
    William Otterson
    C56R3756

Quote Originally Posted by VidyBidneth View Post
    I saw it. Comments about it shedding rust as the pictures were taken scared me off. But will follow up as soon as the cash flows.

The Blind Buy is progressing. Buy it for $5. Possibly worth $132 after bringing it up to #1. Oh, the cost benefit curve?Yeah, go for the biggest benefit for the least cost. So go for somewhere between 2 and 3 and sell it for $70.

No, not a Mark II.
    Well, the $5,500 is in the seller's account. Hopefully the overseas buyers won't talk him into reneging on us and taking their $10K or more. Yes, the restored car could be worth $88K, but with the TriPower option, which we can add for around $2K it is worth 50% more and the TP option isn't part of the VIN code. Wait, could someone help me interpret this: Add 20% for "Big Engine". Add 50% for TriPower option on "Big Engine". Are we talking exclusive "or" here or is it 20% + 50%? And you could buy this car for $2,600 in 58.
    William Otterson
    C56R3756

I think that this is the same car back on the market......

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...2/1981373.html
    Wayne Thomas

PaulB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ishigakisensei View Post
    I think that this is the same car back on the market......

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...2/1981373.html
    Just came here because I saw it on CL just now https://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/d/19...341943868.html