Thread: 1984

Default 1984

I came across 1984 today at the Fabulous Fords Forever show at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, CA (one of 4 Mark IIs I saw at the show, but the only one not on the Forum). The current owner is Lynn DeYoung of Long Beach, CA. He indicates he bought the car from a previous owner who had the car in Rancho Mirage, CA (Palm Springs area).

The car is remarkably original--carpets, upholstery, etc. all appear to be original/untouched. It shows just over 60,000 miles on the odometer--appears to be appropriate for the condition of the car. Very minimal cracking on the weatherstripping, relatively little de-lamination on the side glass, etc. If it spent much time in the desert, it was obviously garaged most of the time.
    Pete Hoffman
    C5691209

Pete,

Nice find. I believe this combination is one of one. Any further history or data? Any pictures?????? Please
    Ralph Messina
    Bridgewater, NJ

I took the two photos below. No additional history, but the owner indicated he would join Forum and presumably will be able to add to our brief conversation today about this car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pete Hoffman
    C5691209

I agree on the 1 of 1! Here are the DSO trim specs!

White leather bolsters and light beige nylon biscuits, deep bronze carpet, white headlining, medium beige instrument panel, white leather and light beige nylon door panels, white moldings, medium beige plastics and steering wheel.

I'm looking forward to pictures of the interior!
    Last edited by Pat Marshall; 04-20-2015 at 05:23 AM.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

1984 (8).jpgIMG_8468.jpgIMG_8463.jpgIMG_8465.jpgMike Teske here,

Today I became the proud owner of 1984.
    Lynn DeYoung and his lovely wife Diane allowed me to be the next custodian of this amazing car. Lived it's entire life in SoCal. An amazing original car. So proud.
    1984 (17).jpg
    VIN: C56B1984
    SPEC: 14-56C 56 1207 PROD ORDER NO: 99
    ENG#: ???? BODY TAG NO: ???
    DSO NO: 56C
    DSO DETAILS: White leather bolsters and light beige nylon biscuits, deep bronze carpet, white headlining, medium beige instrument panel, white leather and light beige nylon door panels, white moldings, medium beige plastics and steering wheel.
    Porcelain Intake and exhaust manifolds- not sure what else until I see the invoice
    NAMEPLATE: Harry H Packer Co
    1984 (5).jpg
    Last edited by Mike Teske; 03-09-2017 at 08:01 PM.
    Mike Teske
    C56B1984

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Teske For This Useful Post:

rickswrecks (03-14-2017)

Mike,

Congratulations!. Please post pics of the car and interior as the combination is 1 of 1 produced and sounds extraordinary
    Ralph Messina
    Bridgewater, NJ