Thread: 2834 - Alive and well in Syracuse, NY

Default 2834 - Alive and well in Syracuse, NY

I just found this forum yesterday! Yes we are the one's who bought this car at auction back in 2009. I know it is in the registry, at least up to 2009. I'd love to fill in the blanks, but I'm a bit foggy on the process of updating the history. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help.

Thanks, Gary.
    Gary Grieshaber

Welcome to the Forum. Your car has quite a history.

Here's a comment from the 2009 Cappy Auction - The car was delivered new to a wealthy young businessman, Mr. James Wilson of Nogales, AZ who had prospered in the produce business with his father. Succumbing to an early and untimely death, the car was purchased from the Wilson estate by Axel Holm who had opened a restoration shop in Mexico devoted to Lincoln Mark IIs in the early 1970s. The car was treated to a complete restoration that included the installation of the Mouton carpets. Over the next 30 years the car was traded amongst members of the LCOC before finding its way into the Cappy Collection where it had resided for over 15 years.

Axel Holm was the President of Desert Classics (and also President of the LCOC) which restored the car. There is an informative thread on Desert Classics in the Forum -
    http://www.markiiforum.com/showthrea...esert+Classics

Coincidentally, Axel just joined the Forum and should be available to answer any questions you might have.

Subsequently your car was owned by Jerry Capizzi, who restored it again and held it in his "Cappy Collection for many years. The car has owned multiple LCOC show awards having been shown by three different owners.

If you want to add information about your car, just post it in this thread.

Here are some missing vital statistics that would help round out the file (the ????'s)

SPEC: 10-1D3G-???-?
    ENG#: ???? BODY TAG NO: ????
    NAMEPLATE: ????

Pat Marshall
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Welcome. Your vehicle does indeed have an interesting background.
    Howard Hanchett
    1956 Continental Mark II C5691376

Gary,

Welcome. Beautiful car.
    Ralph Messina
    Bridgewater, NJ

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am the "caretaker" of this vehicle. The car is owned by EMS Auto LLC of East Syracuse, NY. We purchased the car at RM Auction in Ft. Lauderdale in Feb. 2009.
    The Spec.#10-1D3G-227-3 (3rd car built on Feb.27,1956?)
    Body Tag #1113AC. The trans. hump tag simply says Continental. I have not yet found the engine #, perhaps it is hiding under the accelerator rods?
    We have many of the awards this car won in the past, including the Ford Motor Award from 1990.
    I will try to post a few pictures soon.
    Is there an invoice available for this car?
    I would greatly appreciate any and all info on this car.

Thanks, Gary.
    Gary Grieshaber

Good morning - I would like to update some info on 2834. Most info is in my previous post, however I have found that the engine # is 1852. I noticed that the previous info has not been entered in your file, will that be updated? Thank you, Gary.
    Gary Grieshaber

Pictures are in "member's garage" under EMS Auto llc Garage. Thanks, Gary.
    Gary Grieshaber

I attended the Cappy Collection Auction in 2006. The prices realized at this auction were astronomical, in some cases twice the pre-auction estimate. Jerry Capizzi had his own restoration shop where he created prize winners and went on the win many awards. Here is the link to this sale: http://www.rmsothebys.com/cc06/jerry...mark-ii/111300. Sold there for $77,000, then re-sold at RM in Ft. Lauderdale for $61,600. There was another Mark II (C5601623) sold by Capizzi for $129,250, showing the value of a Capizzi restoration. This link takes you there. http://www.rmsothebys.com/cc06/jerry...mark-ii/111180
    Charlie Berry

9. The Following User Says Thank You to legrandfromage For This Useful Post:

jdsnoddy (11-26-2016)