Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What car did you see today?

Barry i saw two good ones yesterday and M5 and Maple on my way to school. First was a newer Mercedes convertible (dont know what model, i dont know foreign cars) guy had the top down at 8 in the morning, thought it was pretty funny. I took a pic with my phone ill have to upload it. Also two lanes over was a ford van with a blown out rear window and had a cardboard special replacement. Unfortunatly i did not get a picture of that one.
    David
    2 1956 Mark IIs
    1964 Galaxie - 2 Dr Hardtop
    1965 Mustang GT Fastback - 289 4brl 4 sp
    1987 Mustang GT - 393 stroker
    1987 Mustang GT - Factory T Tops
    1987 ASC Mclaren Mustang

Pretty nice neighborhood for a cardboard fix.

TTIWWP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

haha he must have been comming from walled lake. Weve got plenty of that.
    David
    2 1956 Mark IIs
    1964 Galaxie - 2 Dr Hardtop
    1965 Mustang GT Fastback - 289 4brl 4 sp
    1987 Mustang GT - 393 stroker
    1987 Mustang GT - Factory T Tops
    1987 ASC Mclaren Mustang

Nick, So is Shelly's a "Lipstick Edition" ? It has the same type of seats.
    Chuck Lutz
    San Mateo, CA
    1956 MKII C56C2287 15-1A1A-106-1
    1976 Eldorado Convertible
    1969 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible
    2012 BMW 650i Convertible
    2013 VW Turbo Beetle
    2010 5.7 HEMI R/T Challenger
    1970 Ranchero Squire 351C/4spd
    1978 Camaro Z28
    2013 Ford 150 Platinum

Galvanized Mop Bucket on Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Lutz View Post
    Nick, So is Shelly's a "Lipstick Edition" ? It has the same type of seats.

No way. The Mark IV which I bought, to be picked up this March is what they called the Gold Luxury Option.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    But rather then a new carburetor, for a few more dollars, how about fuel injection? This is the system that I used on my MKII. .
    Mad: What's the name on that system? Can I read about it somewhere on the internet?

BTW---- yesterday afternoon I motorcycled to Riverside, only about an hour from Palm Springs, and went to this auto literature place --- Faxon, which is all over eBay, and bought the 5 volume manual set for 1974 Ford. A ton of information I'll never use, but I wanted to get acquainted with the 460 ci engine.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Harris View Post
    No way. The Mark IV which I bought, to be picked up this March is what they called the Gold Luxury Option.
    Wow, very nice Shelly. Was it in Chicago? Why not until March? Inquiring mind.. huh?
    Chuck Lutz
    San Mateo, CA
    1956 MKII C56C2287 15-1A1A-106-1
    1976 Eldorado Convertible
    1969 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible
    2012 BMW 650i Convertible
    2013 VW Turbo Beetle
    2010 5.7 HEMI R/T Challenger
    1970 Ranchero Squire 351C/4spd
    1978 Camaro Z28
    2013 Ford 150 Platinum

Galvanized Mop Bucket on Wheels

The car belongs to an older woman who was the caregiver of the original owner. She inherited the car in 1992. Since then the car has been in good garage storage with only 2,332 miles put on it in the last 18 years. The owner had a young man who belongs to her church put the car up on eBay. I can't pick it up untill March, maybe not till April. There's snow all over till then anyway. It's in Indiana about 90 miles from my place near Chicago. Unless I've been lied to, all the mechanicals are running nice. Cosmetically all that it appears to need is a new vinyl top. But then again, all these old cars seem to need something.....
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

Somebody would lie about a used car?
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Harris View Post
    Mad: What's the name on that system? Can I read about it somewhere on the internet?

The EFI system I have is from Fuel Air Spark Technology. [FAST] They apparently have been around for some time and are popular with the racing crowd. But this particular system is relatively new and is aimed at hot-rodders and custom cars, people who are doing retrofits to older engines and donít to take the time to learn how to program their computer.

This is a throttle body system that will mount on any manifold that accepts a standard Holley 4150 square flange. I was very impressed the quality of machining that went into the throttle body, way above what you see on a typical carburetor. The physical mounting is no more difficult then a standard carb. But there are a bunch of wires going to it, as all the sensors are mounted in it with the exception of the oxygen and temperature sensors. Thus you have one master cable that plugs into the computer and the other end has all the connectors that plug into the throttle body. They are clearly labeled and are not a problem as to were they go.

Assuming you do not have high pressure electric fuel pump you will want their master kit that also supplies the fuel pump, its filters, a control relay, a pressure regulator, and a bunch of fuel line tubing. With fuel injection fuel is pumped from the tank to the injectors and then the excess is feed back to the tank.

Once everything is hooked up you turn on the ignition and the hand held monitor asks is this a new tune? If you say yes it will then ask what is the cubic inch of your engine? It then asks you to make an executive decision as to what speed do you would like the engine to idle at. Next it will ask which throttle body your using and how many of them. You should not need more then one unless you do some extreme engine mods and turn it into a dragster. It then asks did you set the fuel pressure to the recommended 43PSI or something else. You are then asked to count the number of cylinders that you have. Finally the throttle position sensor needs to set. Here the computer tells you the leave the throttle at idle while it takes a measurement. Then it tells you to hold the throttle wide open while it takes another measurement.

You now can start the engine. Once it warms up there are a couple adjustments to double check. And in my case fix some oil leaks. But then as you drive the computer uses the signal from the oxygen sensor automatically modify its fuel maps and the more you drive it the better it should become.

Here is their web site.
    http://www.fuelairspark.com/ezefi/de...Page_Banner_Ad

This is the instruction manual.
    http://www.fuelairspark.com/Instruct...-%20EZ-EFI.pdf

Today I finished my new gas tank installation. Poured in 7 gallons of gas, just enough, to wet the bottom of the tank. Turned on ignition and let the pump fill the system. Go to start position and after sitting for over a month it starts with no problem within one turn and 32 degree weather!

The price was just under 2K.