Thread: 3159 Thanks for All the Help

joeinbcs Guest

Default 3159 Thanks for All the Help

Howdy,
    I sold my car a couple of weeks ago, pretty unexpectedly, to a guy in Austin.
    Some of you may know that my adventure with the Mark II started with a search for my uncle. It was never my "gotta have" car.
    For reasons that are not important, my uncle decided against the car, and I embarked on a journey or "re-restoring" my car. It cost a lot more than I ever thought I'd spend, but it turned out to be a pretty nice car in the end.
    I had a lot of fun with this project, and when I look at the minor loss I took on the car, I think the investment was well worth it.
    I grew to love Mark II's for many reasons that are hard to fully appreciate unless you take one pretty much apart and put it back together (I'm not claiming I actually did the work, but I was there a lot;-). They're remarkable pieces of rolling art and I'm delighted there are so many enthusiasts keeping them up.
    Many of you were very helpful over the last couple of years, and I enjoyed the friendships made here.
    I've posted a few items for sale, and I may have other stuff, so if you need something, give me a holler.
    Thanks for all the help and support! See you at the car shows! Joe
    Last edited by Pat Marshall; 05-25-2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Added VIN to thread title

Joe, thanks for all your contributions. I have updated the history of 3159 -
    http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=37272

Can you provide the rest of the Trim Spec on your Data Plate? All we have is
    SPEC: 01-1E6L-??-?

Hopefully, you've told the new owner about the Forum....

Pat
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

joeinbcs Guest

Pat,
    I no longer have the car or any pics of the data plate, sorry.
    The new owner is a very private guy. I never even met him. The sale was concluded through Russ Donaldson, who also owns a Mark II (formerly Rick Payton's car), and I believe is a Forum member.
    I can ask Russ if he can get the plate info.
    If you have any other questions, I'm sure Russ can help.
    Best, Joe

Bob Barger Guest

Joe, it's been good dealing with you. You came up with some unique things for your car. I had hoped it would "grow" on you but I guess not. Good luck on your next project.

joeinbcs Guest

Thanks, Bob. I did grow to love the car, but I'm 62 and there's still a bucket list of cars that I need to work my way through before somebody takes away my keys!

Bob Barger Guest

I understand, I just bought a 62 Impala that is not much more than the body and frame. I wanted to put a 409 in it but can't find a core motor so it may end up with a 427. At 70 I only hope I have enough time to finish it.

joeinbcs Guest

Default Here's what took Bertha's place

Hey Bob,
    This is about as far from my Mark II as your project.
    Its a lot of fun so far...'64, 327/365 HP, 4-speed... a beast!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bob Barger Guest

yours is a little more complete than mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

joeinbcs Guest

Default You're Right

LOL...Its taken me a while to get it through my thick skull, but after doing a couple of restorations, I think I've finally learned its better to let somebody else lose their ass restoring a car...then buy it off them;-)

Bob Barger Guest

As a retired guy, I need a project to keep me out from in front of the tv. I do all the mechanical work myself so save some money there. My kids will make out when they sell my cars since the cost to them will be nothing.