Thread: 2382?

Default 2382?

I went today and brought 1386 home for my Dad
    1386 will never see the road again, it's sadly just a parts car.

The previous owner had another complete interior that went with the car
    When loading the interior I noticed the rear seat back had hand written on it 1591
    The carpet was with the extra interior as well, the carpet badge has the name Alfred Epstein
    The interior appears to be all original and is white with dark grey inserts and grey piping
    Don ,the gentleman Dad bought everything from says he purchased the interior probably in the late 80's in Michigan
    I took some pictures that I'll post later

Howie
    Howie Hussey

1962 Thunderbird Sports Roadster
    1963 F100 unibody
    2004 SVT F150 Lightning
    2010 Mustang GT

Thanks, Howie - I checked on 1591 and the interior is/was Medium Gray Nylon Seat Biscuits, Deep Gray Leather Bolsters and Medium Gray Welts-that's interior 2G5K.

What you picked up was apparently 1E6L - Deep Gray Leather Seat Biscuits, White Leather Bolsters and Deep Gray Welts.

The Dealers Invoice for 1591 shows it was sold to James Motor Co., Hays Kansas with no specified customer.

Regarding Alfred Epstein - I checked the Mark II Encyclopedia's list of original owners. There were three Mark IIs sold to people with the last name of Epstein. One in San Jose, CA. one in Coral Gables, FL and one in Ft. Wayne, IN. Alfred Epstein was not one of the Epsteins listed.

...and of course I searched our records, but I found nothing on Alfred Epstein.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Pat, I just searched on here and noticed that production order 1591 had an interior that matches the color of the interior that I have and that the latest update on that car shows it now has a green interior, car 2382
    Howie Hussey

1963 F100 unibody
    2004 SVT F150 Lightning
    2010 Mustang GT

Default 2382?

Having 1591 on the upholstery instead of the VIN makes sense. I believe that the VIN plate preparation and the VIN stampings in the frame were one of the first things done in the assembly process.

The Production Order was established well before the assembly process and the interior as specified by the PO was undoubtedly prepared and dedicated to the Production Order in advance of assembly. So if they wanted to identify the interior for a particular production order, writing it somewhere on the upholstery would sure do that.

2382 (PO #1591) looks promising, or is an incredible coincidnce.

2382 was last known to be in Yellow Springs, Ohio in 2008 and was described as restorable with no title. John Snoddy - do you know anything about this car, with only 3,500 people in Yellow Springs, I thought you might have some info? The sellers name and phone number are in our history.

The main problem is that our ownership history does not jive with the history Howie was given.

The Forum 2382 History:
    1957-1985 No History Found
    1986-89 Paul Conway FL
    1991 FRANCIS PAUL DEAN TAVARES, FL
    1992-2007 No History Found
    6/10/08 Sold on EBay Yellow Springs, Ohio

As told to Howie - Don, the gentleman Dad bought everything from says he purchased the interior probably in the late 80's in Michigan

Howie, where did Howard buy this interior and parts car 1386?
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Pat, Dad bought the car from Don Fedak who is listed here as the previous owner.
    Don has another Mk ii as well ,that is in the registry under his name
    Don told me on Sunday he has owned 1386 since the early 80's (1984 ?) and bought the other interior for it a few years later, he could be off on his dates a little
    1386 sat in a storage shed he had for years and I don't think he ever drove this car
    Don has a bunch of other cars that are stored right now, he owned an engine building machine shop in Brantford Ontario Canada and retired a year or so ago
    He has a 5000 sq ft building that is packed with stuff floor to ceiling
    He's still looking for a few more parts for us, he thinks he has the hub caps and is going to find us a gasket set for the engine
    The extra interior marked 1591 is from an a/c car
    He would be interested in selling his other MKII also has a 67 Cougar to sell that is a Dan Gurney Special , possibly a MK III as well (can't remember which year )
    Howie Hussey

1963 F100 unibody
    2004 SVT F150 Lightning
    2010 Mustang GT

You can get a full gasket set from egge machine if he doesn't get you one.
    Sean Rollins

C56C2591

Howie, you said "Don has another Mk ii as well that is in the registry under his name". Other than 1386 I couldn't find another car associated with Fedak in the Registry. Could you point me in the right direction, please.

With respect to the interior marked 1591. If it it came from 2382, based upon the ownership history we have, it must have been removed and then replaced in 2382 with another interior, because when the car was sold in 2010 it was listed as having a green interior.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Marshall View Post
    2382 was last known to be in Yellow Springs, Ohio in 2008 and was described as restorable with no title. John Snoddy - do you know anything about this car, with only 3,500 people in Yellow Springs, I thought you might have some info? The sellers name and phone number are in our history.

6/10/08 Sold on EBay Yellow Springs, Ohio
    According to our records, 2382 was sold by Dave Stockton, who lives on Hyde Rd in Yellow Springs, Ohio in June 2008. Unfortunately, I arrived in Yellow Springs in September 2008--just shortly after 2382 was sold on ebay. To my knowledge I have not met Dave yet, but he lives within a half mile of me. I'll try to follow-up with Dave to see if what, if anything he remembers of 2382.

Update: I just got off the phone with Dave Stockton. Unfortunately he doesn't remember any details
    concerning 2382. Dave and his brother sell cars as a hobby. He bought two Mark II's at auction. One interior was red. Obvisiously not 2382. Both Marks were in rough shape and were from an estate sale. No details were remembered as it had been about six years ago.

I apologize for my confusion.

John
    Last edited by jdsnoddy; 04-17-2014 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Follow-up Comments Corrected VIN to 2382
    John Snoddy

Pat, I found Don's other car in the registry before I signed up here but can't find it now. I think his name was spelled wrong .
    I will get the vin from Don
    The car is light blue with a white and light blue interior
    It is a running driving car but could use a freshening up
    Needs a repaint but is very presentable
    Howie Hussey

1963 F100 unibody
    2004 SVT F150 Lightning
    2010 Mustang GT

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jdsnoddy View Post
    The following history should be moved to 2832?:
    "6/10/08 Sold EBAY #250255382084 $7,600, Yellow Springs, Ohio - Mileage: 58,795, Exterior Color: Black, Interior Color: Green - "Unrestored complete car with factory air. Left corner of hood rusted. Small rust holes on body below "C" pillar. Interior is complete but in rough condition. Good windshield and rear window. All stainless trim there and very restorable. No title available, sold with purchase order. Please contact Dave Stockton @937-239-2858. Winning bidder drjonesad."

Best regards,
    John
    This car is not 2832. Bob Croy, whom I knew well, bought 2832 from Bob Di Carlo. It was a pristine car. However Croy had it sitting outside when he had a severe diabetic episode and was hospitalized over a winter. The paint on the car totally deteriorated and Croy subsequently had it repainted. The job was butchered and the car was covered with fisheyes. Bob died and his collection of cars including 2832t was auctioned by mike clum auctions. Di Carlo, not knowing what happened to the car, came to the auction to buy it back, but was horrified by what had happened to it and left.

The car sold for $24,000. I wasn't doing history then, so I didn't get the purchasers name but I remember he was an Ohioan and drove the car home.

I bought my 1494 at this auction (I bid on 2832 until $22k. It was still a really good car!)
    Last edited by Pat Marshall; 04-17-2014 at 09:23 AM.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH