Thread: 2382?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jdsnoddy View Post
    The following history should be moved to 2832?:
    "6/10/08 Sold EBAY #250255382084 $7,600, Yellow Springs, Ohio - Mileage: 58,795, Exterior Color: Black, Interior Color: Green - "Unrestored complete car with factory air. Left corner of hood rusted. Small rust holes on body below "C" pillar. Interior is complete but in rough condition. Good windshield and rear window. All stainless trim there and very restorable. No title available, sold with purchase order. Please contact Dave Stockton @937-239-2858. Winning bidder drjonesad."

Best regards,
    John
    This car is not 2832. Bob Croy, whom I knew well, bought 2832 from Bob Di Carlo. It was a pristine car. However Croy had it sitting outside when he had a severe diabetic episode and was hospitalized over a winter. The paint on the car totally deteriorated and Croy subsequently had it repainted. The job was butchered and the car was covered with fisheyes. Bob died and his collection of cars including 2832t was auctioned by mike clum auctions. Di Carlo, not knowing what happened to the car, came to the auction to buy it back, but was horrified by what had happened to it and left.

The car sold for $24,000. I wasn't doing history then, so I didn't get the purchasers name but I remember he was an Ohioan and drove the car home.

I bought my 1494 at this auction (I bid on 2832 until $22k. It was still a really good car!)
    Last edited by Pat Marshall; 04-17-2014 at 09:23 AM.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH