Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mad Scientist passed away this morning

I know I've never followed the works of such a tanented person with as much interest as I have your dad's. My sincere condolences go out to you and your family. God Bless
    Matt Cashion
    C56C2524

My condolences to you and your family. He was a great resource and contributor here and will be missed.
    Brian Mc Evilly
    Former Mark II Owner

Ken;

My sincere condolences to you and your family. Rich will be greatly missed on this forum and to me personally. He was very generous with his knowledge, ideas and talent helping us Mark II owners keeping their car running on the road. Everytime the lttle red warning gas light goes on, I'll be thinking of the extraordinary Mad Scientist.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

RODPARTS Guest

My condolences. Rich's posts were thoroughly enjoyed - he was a big part of this forum. His enthusiasm and creativity will be missed by us all.

Default Condolences on the passing of Mad

Ken:
    Mad was one of a kind. An extremely creative guy to didn't mind thinking out of the box to solve a problem. I enjoyed reading his threads for sure. Mad was great at improvising and could almost take any readily available object and make it work for an unintended purpose. When faced with missing stainless steel molding, Mad took wood and made his own. In rebuilding a Mark II clock, Mad went to some variety store, like K-Mart, and made his own.
    He could always be counted on to help solve the most difficult problems.
    He is deeply missed.

John Snoddy
    Last edited by jdsnoddy; 12-16-2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: typo
    John Snoddy

My condolences to Rich's family and friends. His contributions were certainly a vital part of this Forum and enriched us all. I'll miss his posts; strange how we can become "friends" in cyberspace without ever really meeting one another in person.
    Pete Hoffman
    C5691209

Mad Scientist Guest

there will be a gathering of friends/fellow car enthusiasts at Countyside Funeral Home in Roselle Illinois
    this Saturday from 12 to 4
    not so much of a memorial service as such, because he just wasn't all that into that sort of thing, but a gathering of friends/fellow car enthusiasts is the sort of thing he would have done...

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    there will be a gathering of friends/fellow car enthusiasts at Countyside Funeral Home in Roselle Illinois
    this Saturday from 12 to 4
    not so much of a memorial service as such, because he just wasn't all that into that sort of thing, but a gathering of friends/fellow car enthusiasts is the sort of thing he would have done...
    I am out of state till new years... I wish that I could be there

Son of 216 Guest

I loved reading his contributions. He will be truly missed. My sympathies to the entire family.

1042 North Lexan Crescent, Norfolk, Virginia 23508

Ken, I am so sorry to hear this...I've lost my father as well. Your Dad was for me a mentor in the antique car hobby. I bought some parts from him a few years ago and we communicated whenever I had a problem that his expertise could resolve. He was generous with his time, kind to strangers like me and a kindred spirit that helped unite this Forum. Please consider this group your friends and don't hesitate to contact me/us if you need someone to talk to.
    K Colonna

C56A1773
    C56B2131
    C56D2636
    C56C1917
    1940 Continental Cabriolet H96983
    1946 Continental Cabriolet H141036
    1955 Lincoln Capri
    1959 Lincoln Capri Sport Coupe
    1989 Ford Country Squire wagon
    1998 Mark VIII
    1959 Heinkel Tourist skooter 103-A1