Thread: Mad Scientist passed away this morning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ken;

My sincere condolences to you and your family. Rich will be greatly missed on this forum and to me personally. He was very generous with his knowledge, ideas and talent helping us Mark II owners keeping their car running on the road. Everytime the lttle red warning gas light goes on, I'll be thinking of the extraordinary Mad Scientist.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

RODPARTS Guest

My condolences. Rich's posts were thoroughly enjoyed - he was a big part of this forum. His enthusiasm and creativity will be missed by us all.

Default Condolences on the passing of Mad

Ken:
    Mad was one of a kind. An extremely creative guy to didn't mind thinking out of the box to solve a problem. I enjoyed reading his threads for sure. Mad was great at improvising and could almost take any readily available object and make it work for an unintended purpose. When faced with missing stainless steel molding, Mad took wood and made his own. In rebuilding a Mark II clock, Mad went to some variety store, like K-Mart, and made his own.
    He could always be counted on to help solve the most difficult problems.
    He is deeply missed.

John Snoddy
    Last edited by jdsnoddy; 12-16-2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: typo
    John Snoddy

My condolences to Rich's family and friends. His contributions were certainly a vital part of this Forum and enriched us all. I'll miss his posts; strange how we can become "friends" in cyberspace without ever really meeting one another in person.
    Pete Hoffman
    C5691209

Mad Scientist Guest

there will be a gathering of friends/fellow car enthusiasts at Countyside Funeral Home in Roselle Illinois
    this Saturday from 12 to 4
    not so much of a memorial service as such, because he just wasn't all that into that sort of thing, but a gathering of friends/fellow car enthusiasts is the sort of thing he would have done...

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    there will be a gathering of friends/fellow car enthusiasts at Countyside Funeral Home in Roselle Illinois
    this Saturday from 12 to 4
    not so much of a memorial service as such, because he just wasn't all that into that sort of thing, but a gathering of friends/fellow car enthusiasts is the sort of thing he would have done...
    I am out of state till new years... I wish that I could be there

Son of 216 Guest

I loved reading his contributions. He will be truly missed. My sympathies to the entire family.