Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2115 F/S Ebay (Purchased by Forum Member)

Default 2115 F/S Ebay (Purchased by Forum Member)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=231061750170

Please read history thread

This info is taken from the listing above:
    Mileage indicated: 75,928
    Engine: 460 CI V8
    Steering wheel cracked.
    Hub caps not original.
    Pictures are vintage pictures from 2004.

"The car that you see before you fills the bill for the black color and the air conditioning (that owner says the air blows cold) and it is in wonderful street touring and driving condition. It would not be considered a 100 point show car but is very straight and check out the photos, it in great condition. Note: the seller says that this car is often the winner at the local shows.

The sellerís father purchased this car in the 1990s before the current owner (the son) got the car about six years later. The seller says that he believes that the car may be all original paint and interior and was told that this carís history was that it was originally owned by a Ford executive and then spent most of its life with the gentleman who sold it to current ownerís father. Seller does not drive it far, only for short jaunts around town and car cruises and states that it runs great. The car has power steering, power brakes, power windows and power seats and air conditioning that blows cold. The car has a 460 cubic inch engine and of course an automatic transmission. Seller says the paint and interior are in very good condition and that the chrome is good and the tires are new.

The car in this ad is not a trailer queen but in beautiful touring condition and the reserve is very low. This is a car that can be easily won by most bidders.

PLEASE READ ALL TERMS OF
    SALE PRIOR TO BIDDING

CALL US AT 847-774-4857 with questions.

10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. 7 days a week"
    Last edited by Pat Marshall; 10-24-2013 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Merged similar threads/Added Sale info to thread title
    John Snoddy

Ummm??? That 460 does an amazing impression of my 368.
    Sean Rollins

C56C2591

Wow, this has been interesting!

First here is the Link to the updated history of 2115.

Second is that there are a number of discrepancies in the EBAY listing, we have noted them as footnotes in our history for this car.

Third AND REALLY INTERSTING is the seller of this car. The EBAY seller's ID is MissChiTown. A search for this name revealed that MissChiTown is owned by Joe Boltz.

Boltz is a broker who sells cars for clients several ways including via EBAY.

But that's not unusual, what is unusual is Boltz's other life. He has become renown for his work in finding and restoring concept cars and prototypes. Typically these cars are supposed to be destroyed and most have been. Boltz has found and restored some that weren't and has resurrected some that were destroyed. Here is the link to Boltz's website. I encourage everyone to check it out.

There are comments there that remind me of what was supposed to have happened to the Mark II retractable and maybe what didn't happen to it. Barry has made some interesting comments about that car.

http://bortzautocollection.com/#
    Last edited by Pat Marshall; 09-26-2013 at 06:47 AM.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Is that a lilac color on the seat biscuits?
    Brian Mc Evilly
    C56E2897

Here are pictures from the ad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

kschabow Guest

Default 2115 Just Bought It

Hello everyone, I just bought 2115. I just looked up some of the history on the car, looks like there are a few details to clear up.

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthrea...light=C56B2115

What information should I know as a new owner of this iconic vehicle? I want to take great care of it.

Welcome to the Forum.

The history has been updated with the information that you submitted. We're looking forward to the details that you will be providing. If you prefer you can send the information to me by PM, or post it on this thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the Forum.
    Pete Hoffman
    C5691209

Howdy, neighbor!
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Default For the record

The high bid on ebay was $16,600 RNM. John
    Last edited by jdsnoddy; 10-24-2013 at 04:18 AM. Reason: RMN
    John Snoddy