Thread: Palm Springs McCormack Auction

Default Palm Springs McCormack Auction

I attended the second day of the auction. Cars are getting sold. A very few cars are leaving the block unsold. I've been on the hunt for a '61 to '63 TBird in good quality driver condition for no more than $10K..... still looking.

A decent looking driver quality Mark II was bid up to $43K but did not sell. I got to the car just as the guys were loading it up on a trailer so I was unable to get the VIN. It was a two tone... dark blue bottom and grey top with current CA. plates. While they had it started to go up the trailer ramp I was able to peek inside and it looked ok. Also while I talked with the driver I tried the vent windows which did not function. I was glad to see the seller hold his price whatever that might have been.... a decent driver quality Mark II should get $50k.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

Default The Feb 2016 Show

The first day of a four day event and here are some pictures of cars that caught my eye..... Over 400 cars go on the block. One Mark II for sale and i posted seperately on that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

I did something here that I thought I wouldn't, ever do... I purchased a used car, sight invisible, over the internet.

What did you get?
    Russell Chilton