Thread: 3283

Default 3283

Just a shot at the original owner, but I assuming it was:

Howard Creel
    Colorado Golf Hall of Fame Inductee of 1979

Howard Creel was born in Pueblo and started playing golf around 1920. He was a longtime resident of Colorado Springs. He was once known as the king of the nation's left-handed golfers. He won the national tournament for lefties every time he entered. He is believed to be the first left handed golfer to play in the U.S. Open. Interestingly, Creel was naturally right-handed, but took up golf left-handed as he experimented with his grip early on and felt he had more control left-handed.

Creel's accomplishments include winning the Broadmoor Men's Invitational in 1926 and 1938 and then went 19 years before he won again in 1957.

The Howard Creel Golf Scholarship was established by the Board of Regents of The University of Texas System on August 9, 1996, for the benefit of their Intercollegiate Athletics.
    Last edited by Doc; 08-28-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    Pete Hoffman
    C5691209

Pete, great job. I did some searching and you nailed it. Here's the link to the revised history!

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthrea...3283#post26876

I was researching my great grandfathers name (Howard Creel) and came across this post. I created an account and was hoping someone here could fill me in on the information above. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Marshall View Post
    Pete, great job. I did some searching and you nailed it. Here's the link to the revised history!

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthrea...3283#post26876
    For some reason this link does not work for me. When I search for C56I3283, no history is available...
    John Snoddy

Same here.
    Russell Chilton

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RL Chilton For This Useful Post:

jdsnoddy (09-14-2016)