Thread: Mark II Willis Johnson's Villa de Madre Collection

Default Mark II Willis Johnson's Villa de Madre Collection

HGTV is currently running a promo for one of it's shows "Million Dollar Rooms".

One picture shows the inside of a large building with four rows of collector cars. Right in the front center is a black Mark II.

Has anyone seen this? Does anyone know whose collection this might be?
    Last edited by Pat Marshall; 03-11-2015 at 06:55 AM.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Default Villa de Madre update-Mark II Moving to Tennessee?

I just checked back on this and found that the car was slated for auction in September last year. An 8/16/14 LA Times report said. - Found in the Suisun Valley, an area east of Napa Valley in Solano County, the property known as Villa De Madre is owned by Willis Johnson, the self-made millionaire who founded the auto-parts auction company Copart...Johnson and his wife originally “weren't interested in selling” the home they built in 2001. But after they relocated to Tennessee, the commute became too much for the couple. Previously listed at $22 million, Villa De Madre will be offered in a one-time, one-day auction held by Premier Estates Auction Co. on Sept. 10...Although he'll miss the home, Johnson said he and his wife are enjoying life. The couple purchased a Franklin, Tenn., ranch formerly owned by country music star Alan Jackson in 2010 for $28 million. His first order of business at his new home: building a 47,000-square-foot garage for his collection of cars.

Although I haven't found a picture of Johnson's Mark II, it was shown on the HGTV episode, so I'm still assuming that it's with the collection.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pat Marshall For This Useful Post:

jdsnoddy (09-24-2017)

Self made millionaire is being too kind to Mr Johnson. He is a former salvage vehicle dealer who figured out a way to become a millionaire by charging outrageous fees to other salvage dealers by buying up the salvage pools in their areas. Dealers had little choice but to pay the fees or have no inventory. As a retired salvage dealer, 35 years in the business (thus my user name) I have seen and felt the impact of his company first hand. It was not good for anyone other than Mr Johnson and the insurance companies and other sellers his company obtains their consignments from.
    Paul E Davis
    C56H3229

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Drive Junk For This Useful Post:

jdsnoddy (09-24-2017)