Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Home MKIIF Registry Update Info

Quote Originally Posted by Stank-67-98 View Post
    My understanding it that only the factory installed 368's that were hand picked for the MkII's got a SN.

It would be interesting to see how many MkII's still have MKII #ed 368's. Not very difficult to find a Merc 368 for replacement.
    I could be wrong, but I believe I read that they raided Lincoln's parts bins to obtain matched pistons and connecting rods and hand picked the rest of the parts. I believe the engine blocks were given numbers before the engines were assembled. Those numbers were important to coordinating all the matched parts.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Yes, they made sure the had a good block before the assy'd it...the 100 -368's that went to Bill Strope for the Merc NASCAR project were picked the same way, assyd and shipped to CA, Strope then rebuilt them "his way"
    Stan Kozdrowski

Updating the info for 1301 as posted by 0bird2 above. Sold today, Oct 11, 2016, to Robert Bowie II, of Dallas, TX, as is. They are in the process of loading it on the trailer as I write this. This time it might have a chance of getting on the road in the future.
    Dot Lang
    www.portholeauthority.com