Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3572 2009-2014 History and Sales Activity

roger Guest

Default 3572 new member

3572-NEW MEMEBER

Hi,
    Just bought my first Mark 11, got it from the "57Heaven Museum in Branson, Mo. Presently going thru it to see what does and does not work, and trying to get it running.

Great forum! If anyone can decode the Body Spec, I would certainly appreciate it. D22-S359-1-P11N-N.

Car appears to be mostly original with the exception of a repaint sometime in it's history.
    Last edited by Pat Marshall; 08-01-2014 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Added VIN to Thread Title

Welcome Roger. I know the car. Actually I was checking the results from KC this morning and went to look at the Mark II's they sold over the years.
    I was wondering 2 things. A photo of your car (postcard they called it) has been for sale off and on at E-bay. Seems like you should have a piece of that action. LOL
    Also, Mecum advertised that the cars at 57 Heaven had been drained and prepared for museum exhibition. Did you have any trouble getting it running?
    I don't understand the numbers that you posted. Are they from the driver's side vin plate? I know the D22 is the color which is shown as Gray iridescent metallic (Acrylic Lacquer). Other than that I'm not sure what the other numbers are. Usually the vin starts C56**** Try posting a picture of the plate. Here's a photo of my 56. They all started with C56 then the C stands for January 1956. 2287 is the sequential number (they started with 1001) Next line is 15 (Medium Blue) 1A1A is the interior code, 106 - Built Jan 6 - 1 is the sequence number, first batch of the day.
    Glad you joined and you'll find lot of good folks here. We're growing in numbers thanks to Shelly, Barry and others getting the word out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Lutz
    San Mateo, CA
    1956 MKII C56C2287 15-1A1A-106-1
    1976 Eldorado Convertible
    1969 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible
    2012 BMW 650i Convertible
    2013 VW Turbo Beetle
    2010 5.7 HEMI R/T Challenger
    1970 Ranchero Squire 351C/4spd
    1978 Camaro Z28
    2013 Ford 150 Platinum

Galvanized Mop Bucket on Wheels

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.
    Howard Hanchett
    1956 Continental Mark II C5691376

Welcome to the forum Roger.

If it sat drained of fluids for a long time you should strongly consider priming the oil pump by hand. You remove the distributor, carefully marking the position of the rotor and the position of the distributor stem relative to the block.

Now you insert a readily available hex shaft into the drive for the oil pump, available through the vacated opening in the block. Secure the shaft in the chuck of a drill and turn it on. This will drive the impeller of the oil pump, pressurizing the system. Reinstall the distributor and fire it up.

Most engine wear occurs on start-up. On a well used car its not a problem. On drained museum cars it is.
    Last edited by Barry Wolk; 12-06-2009 at 01:57 PM.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

roger Guest

Chuck,
    Good to hear from you. Someone has about 50 of those postcards, as well as postcards of some of the other cars in the museum. Yes, all fluids were drained prior to exhibition. That concerns me when it comes to starting it, of which, I've yet to try.
    The only things I have done so far is install the battery, engine oil, and transmission fluid. The water pump is frozen, so I've to remove it and am waiting for the replacement.
    Found a couple of the windows would not work, no the radio antenna.
    the Body spec numbers come off the vin plate on the drivers side. I will attempt to attach a picture. The VIN is C56P3572, and the color is as you stated.
    Oh well, so much for sending pictures!

roger Guest

Barry,
    Thanks for the vaulable suggestion. I was trying to figure out how to get some oil circulated. I'll certainly try that

Your antenna is vacuum operated, as are the wipers.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

roger Guest

Thanks, I'm trying to figure out how to post some pictures!

Welcome! Roger. Just joined myself. Also looked at the auction results the other day, looking to see what a tbird desk went for. Have been spotting the postcards on ebay.

As for some photo help, I'll be posting some other hints than have been given on this site in the past. Watch for another post from me later on this evening in another thread.
    Dot Lang
    www.portholeauthority.com

roger Guest

Thanks very much
    Roger