Thread: California Dr. George Car SHow

Default California Dr. George Car SHow

Dave (CarMan) and I have just returned from this show held in Indian Wells, CA. A monster show with hundreds of cars, predominantly highly modified or resto-mods---- which should be no surprise given this is California. We started walking the many aisles of cars at 10;30 am and other than a 15 min break for a hot dog we finished eyeballing every car at 2:30 pm. I'm guessing over 500 cars. Unfortunately I couldn't connect in buying either a baby bird or square bird. Owners were there to show off their cars --- not to make a sale. With all those cars not one Mark II to be seen. Lots of deuce coupes, 30's and 40's mods. Muscle cars galore... but I was surprised to see few Chrysler brands, but lots of GM and Ford. Plenty of Mustangs, Corvettes and TBirds... but when I'd ask for a sales price I was shocked to hear the outrageous prices these owners thought their cars were worth. Frankly, there were no willing sellers.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

Just curious, what does Dr. George have to do with this show?
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Thanks Barry. I was wondering the same thing but just thought I'd missed something.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

The show is titled that way as a memorial to Dr. Sebastian George who apparently was a well known and liked MD here in the desert. The proceeds of the show is the car club's annual fund raising event benefiting the Dr. Sebastian George Cancer Foundation.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

Oh, THAT Dr. George!
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Default 2016 Show

Once again I attended this show today (2/13/16) and I can report it was fascinating. Officially 900 cars are allowed to show and it was a sell out! As you'd expect there were a lot of California Custom Street rods which were magnificent. But cars from the 30's, 40's, and so forth were well represented. But not that many corvettes which usually seem to dominate most shows. For those suffering in the rest of the country with lousy cold weather I report that the sun was very hot in the desert and I walked the field under an umbrella.....

How rare our car is once again is demonstrated by its rarity in shows. Only one MarkII and it was a white beauty owned by one of our members. Nice meeting you Bill! Sorry I forgot to take pictures.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II