Thread: Seen - 2 Mark IIs in a private collection

Default Seen - 2 Mark IIs in a private collection

Hey all, today as I was touring a private collection known as Collection 21 in Erlanger, KY I came across these two beauties. Wasn't allowed to touch the cars and couldn't get pics of the data plates. You'll forgive me for not knowing if the cars are later 56s or 57s. That's part of why I'm here, to learn! Maybe they're known to the group? If I got back I'll try to snap pics of the data plates.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Loren Baldwin
    Cincinnati Ohio

Loren:
    Thanks for sharing. All we really know is that the interior of the blue car has been replaced because of the seams in the bolsters.
    Both cars do not have nostrils which could mean no factory air conditioning or built after mid May 1956. Is this blue car the similar color to Elizabeth Taylor's blue car?
    Last edited by jdsnoddy; 12-31-2023 at 11:22 AM.
    John Snoddy

Thanks for that information John! I knew about the nostril filling, but wasn't sure the cutoff date, which is why I said later 56. The blue car is an AC car, and forgot to look at the vents on the white one. The Elizabeth Taylor car blue is darker but similar in my estimation. I realize it's hard to tell from the picture, but the white is a pearl white, not flat.

Default Bkue and Gray Interior

The blue and gray interior is interesting. I was hoping that it was original or duplication of the original interior for that car I checked all of the Light to Dark Blue and Light to Dark Gray color combinations to see which Mark II's had them. Here are the results:

1A10A LB/LG NO
    1A4K LB/MG NO
    1A5L LB/DG NO
    1N10A MB/LG NO
    1N4K MB/MG NO
    1N5L MB/DG NO
    1H10A DB/LG NO
    1H4K DB/MG NO
    1H5L DB/DG NO

I said that interior is interesting, because it's very close to, but the reverse of #1961 William Clay Ford's "Hot Rod". 1961's interior is Factory, but not "Original" Factory.. Ford bought a used Mark II and had it modified with a bigger engine and other upgrades, by the Continental Factory. WCF's Hot Rod was re-done in the Detroit Lions team's colors.

1961-WCF Interior.jpg
    Last edited by Pat Marshall; 01-03-2024 at 07:42 AM.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Just a minor correction. The transplant took place at Lincoln, most likely Wixom. In 1969 the Continental plant had nothing to do with Lincoln.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126