Thread: Has Jack lost his health, or his mind?

Default Has Jack lost his health, or his mind?

I bought 3 flexible brake lines for my '69 Mark III I found I had to alter a bracket and asked for the correct hose. His response seems to be issued by non-functioning AI telling me that his company offers the correct hose, telling me I should have bought from him! I wrote back that I did, and he never responded.

I've always backed Jack, through a myriad of complaints both here and on FB, but no more. WTF kind of a response is that? On top of that I had to drill and tap an extra hole in my chassis rather than alter another brake hose assembly.

Would you find this acceptable from any supplier? 10 days later, and two emails to Jack, specifically, and no response. Am I out of line, or doing you a favor?

IMG_5208 2.jpg

IMG_5231 2.jpg
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

I would be angry too. Strange behavior from a parts supplier.
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Wolk View Post
    I bought 3 flexible brake lines for my '69 Mark III I found I had to alter a bracket and asked for the correct hose. His response seems to be issued by non-functioning AI telling me that his company offers the correct hose, telling me I should have bought from him! I wrote back that I did, and he never responded.

I've always backed Jack, through a myriad of complaints both here and on FB, but no more. WTF kind of a response is that? On top of that I had to drill and tap an extra hole in my chassis rather than alter another brake hose assembly.

Would you find this acceptable from any supplier? 10 days later, and two emails to Jack, specifically, and no response. Am I out of line, or doing you a favor?

IMG_5208 2.jpg

IMG_5231 2.jpg
    Wouldn't be preferable to keep a personal rant private, at least until all the facts are known?
    Andrew Aloisi

1956 Mark ll D2815
    2014 Mercedes E350 station wagon
    2015 BMW 750I
    2019 BMW 4301 CV

That’s one opinion. 12 days is not enough time to respond? Rant?
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Why didn?t you just return them and ask for a refund? Seems simple enough. Starting a new thread just to tell everyone about your experience is a little extreme.

I?ve always thought Jack and his staff have been very helpful. Without him half our cars probably wouldn?t be on the road.

Default Here's is the forum's position....

#1. If a member has a problem with a part supplier or merchant in the business then we welcome and urge it being posted.

#2. If the merchant is a member of the forum then I will moderate postings to preserve civility amongst forum members. Jack Rosen and his family members operating Mark II Enterprises are not forum members, sponsors, or financial contributors. Accordingly, short of actual liable we do not censor a member's posting of a grievance with a merchant.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

John Snoddy,

You deleted your post stating that I deserved any harsh treatment I got because of your ASS-sumption that I was harsh with jack. I will let others be the judge of your credibility, as, IMO, you have none, on any subject. Your personal attacks on me and my car will no longer be tolerated. I have Shelly's permission to address you every time you state a falsehood. This is the first example. Please show me where I asked for anything out of the ordinary? Your credibility is on the line by how you answer.

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 10.56.36 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 10.57.36 AM.jpg
    Last edited by Barry Wolk; 10-02-2023 at 10:44 AM.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Hmmmmm. An adult would have apologized in light of the facts, but John just removes his entire post instead of admitting he’s wrong. Mark Hyman is still awaiting your call to discuss your valuation method you use to drive up the cost of wheel covers for the rest of us. Unless you are willing to divulge your methods of appraisal of a car without seeing it you have no credibility on the subject and should not post unfounded evaluations on the value of anything.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

I believe we have all seen enough of this squabble and hope that it will be concluded or go off-line. A simple warning about an unreliable vendor should be sufficient.
    Charlie Berry

OK, I'll just leave this here and close the thread.

Screen Shot 2023-10-03 at 10.32.29 AM.jpg
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126