Thread: Thanks to the Benson Ford Research Center

Default Thanks to the Benson Ford Research Center

Pat made me a list of Introductory Units not found in the "Missing Invoices", that were never really missing. There were just never written by Continental. Continental was credited for the cars, but they couldn't be sold before Ford Credit released them. It was Ford's way of having the car seen in a showroom, not locked away in a new owner's garage.

When I asked the Sales Manager's secretary, now 101 years old, I was told that there was tremendous dealer blowback when they were asked to pay for a car they couldn't sell. Hence the consignment arrangement. It actually worked out well for Ford as a showroom attraction that sold a ton of Lincolns.

Pat and I had planned on visiting the Benson Ford Research Center when the Pandemic struck. They stopped allowing in-person research and haven't restarted. We are both pleased they followed through. Kudos to the BFRC, and Pat, for his diligent work.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Default Agree

Yes, I want to second Barry's comment on Pat's work in keeping this forum up to date and correct on the ownership, condition, and status of all known Mark IIs . It is really an awesome task, especially when you consider and read the amount of detail and information he attempts to supply for each car. I don't' say it enough...thank you Pat and thank you Barry for reminding me.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

Would you mind sending an e-mail to our contact, Shelly? It might mean something for a future arrangement. I, personally, can't wait to get back to the stacks.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Pat, has the BFRC sent your missing info. BTW Happy Birthday, tomorrow.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Thank you, yesterday!

No they haven't. I'm looking forwards to getting them.

I have posted most of the ones that they have sent into the Forum Histories. I'll have them all done soon!
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH