Thread: Vin c56c2385

Default Vin c56c2385

Hello- I'm a new member, and I'm looking at purchasing a 56 with a VIN of C56C2385 out of CA.

Can anyone help with a history of that VIN? I know it was repainted and the seller's family has had the car since 1979, but little past that.

Any info would be appreciated!

Sent: Tue, May 9, 2023 at 11:45 AM
    Subject: 1956 Lincoln Mark II C56C2385
    Hi John,

Crazy week so far, and I apologize for the tardy response. I appreciate your interest in the car and want to answer any questions you have.

Yes, Kenneth Hightower was my uncle and he bought the car with my father, Gerald Hightower, in 1979. Kenneth passed and in 2014 the title was transferred into my father’s trust. I am a trustee of that trust and handling all of our father’s affairs since his passing last November.

I presume you checked out all of the photos I uploaded on Auto Trader. My dad and uncle were only the 2nd owner of the car and have kept it since. The car has always been garaged and protected from the elements. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. The price is negotiable. I’m attaching a list of items that were redone on the car from my father’s records.

I’m also available by phone today.

Thanks,

Cynthia Schmale

(760) 799-1111

Cynthia Attached a list of accomplished work.
    I am unable to attach the list here due to the file format.
    Please contact her directly for it.

Here's the link for the forum history
    https://www.markiiforum.com/showthre...ictor-M-Carter

Originally 01-1B6M
    White exterior, white bolsters and biscuits, red welt and accents. Front bumper guards and nostrils. Minor scratches on rear right fender. Electric wipers and radiator overflow on the left fender engine bay. Engine bay fenders painted black.
    Black plate: JSH341
    Red background on the wheel covers.
    Unknown if she has the original radio or any additional parts
    VIN C56C2385 or 2385
    Woohoo another one found! No forum history since 1984.
    Call
    (310) 625-9996 Tess Hightower
    https://classics.autotrader.com/clas...k_ii/101876890
    Second owner since 1956 and current owner since 1979 of this hand built Lincoln Mark II. Only 2556 of these cars were made in 1956 to equal the English RR. Vehicle always garaged. Needs some TLC (brakes, new front passenger window, and A/C work). Equipped with power drum brakes, power steering, power windows, power leather seats, factory A/C, and AM/FM cassette stereo.
    Mileage indicated 17,681 TMU
    Last edited by jdsnoddy; 05-18-2023 at 11:27 AM.
    John Snoddy

Thank you John for the info. I have been in contact with Cindy and what she offered for history is what you shared. Appreciate you sharing!