Thread: Carpet Kit

Default Carpet Kit

Hi All.

I just recieved my 11 piece carpet kit from MKII Ent. Anyone ever use this kit? Any diagrams or pics on the installation? Some of the pieces are self explanatory. Other not so much.

Here is a picture of the 11 piece kit on MKII web pageCarpet.jpg.

Here is a picture I found here on forum20220627_173233.jpg, only 8 pieces. This one seems simple enough.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated .

Thanks
    John Mush
    C56A1836

Hello,

Here is the original carpet of 2503 after its disassembly. Every piece is on its right place.

Holger Klausing
    C56B1966
    C56C2503

Excellent!!

Thank You!!
    John Mush
    C56A1836

The difference is in the number of trunk pieces.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

The eleven piece carpet kit from MkII Enterprises does not contain any trunk carpets.

The trunk carpet kit has the part number ZZTK064A, B and BK depending from the style of the trunk hinges.

The cut of the 11 piece carpet kit differs from the original carpets but they fit reasonable.
    Holger Klausing
    C56B1966
    C56C2503

Quote Originally Posted by Egenolf View Post
    The eleven piece carpet kit from MkII Enterprises does not contain any trunk carpets.

The trunk carpet kit has the part number ZZTK064A, B and BK depending from the style of the trunk hinges.

The cut of the 11 piece carpet kit differs from the original carpets but they fit reasonable.
    Reasonable is the key word
    John Mush
    C56A1836

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Hi All.

I just recieved my 11 piece carpet kit from MKII Ent. Anyone ever use this kit? Any diagrams or pics on the installation? Some of the pieces are self explanatory. Other not so much.

Here is a picture of the 11 piece kit on MKII web pageCarpet.jpg.

Thanks
    Is your set MKIIE's nylon or wool version? I'm familiar with installing the Wilton wool (very heavy) carpeting. Things didn't seem like they were going to fit right at first, because the backing was heavy residential style as opposed to the original very flexible aviation style carpeting (as original) but then after we figured out how to shape the carpet the final product turned out very nice. I've seen a sample swatch of the nylon carpeting, it's thinner and should be easier to work with.

Before you bought the carpet, did you search the Mark II Forum to see what resources were/are available to you-right here? If so, you probable checked out Jack Pugmire's "Carpet Replacement & Installation Guide".

https://www.markiiforum.com/showthre...hlight=pugmire

Jack Pugmire had authentic wool carpet manufactured and he sold it uncut with production and installation instructions (as did I up until a couple years ago). MKIIE's carpet comes pre-cut, sewn and formed, but the part of Pugmire's instruction dealing with installing the cut and formed pieces into a car are still accurate and usable.

As you install the carpet, and have questions, ask them in this thread.
    Last edited by Pat Marshall; 04-13-2023 at 06:37 AM.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH