Thread: Info wanted on electric wiper conversion

Default Info wanted on electric wiper conversion

Just wondering if any one has done a electric wiper conversion and if so how difficult was it to install and if you were happy with the results? I see mark ii industry?s sells one with out delay but looks identical to the ones they sell for 55-57 Chevy conversions with the delay option?
    DavidBurke
    C56A1903

You’ll have difficulty interfacing the sprayer with an electric wiper. The vacuum units work just fine with a rebuilt vacuum motor. There are few Valid “upgrades” on a Mark II that don’t cause other problems.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Read the Mark II restorers guide by Buddy Holiday. He goes into some detail about converting to electric 55-57 Chevy wiper motor in his book.
    Morgan Milstead
    C5691157

I bought one for a 57 chevy. Had to use small spacers between the motor and the mounts but fits well and works fine.
    Daryl Erdman
    57 mark ii c56t3979
    66 continental coupe

I believe the 57 Chevy motors do fit with the same mounting holes and everything.

I don't know anyone who uses the washer but it is easy to hide a little electric pump inside the bottle which a friend of mine did with his Mark II.

I hope to never drive my Mark II in the rain so Istill have the vacuum wiper motor since it shows up to every knowledgable person when the hood is open but mine doesn't work well and doesn't park.

Im sure I don't have all the vacuum lines hooked up correctly. When I bought my car it had an electric wiper motor and all the vacuum lines were removed.

I have the vacuum line schematic but it isn't very clear so I have rain ex on my windshield in cast I get caught in the rain.

The guy who ceramic coated a couple of my cars says he can ceramic coat my windshield but I am afraid to do it because my windshield looks brand new and I'm not sure what cold go wrong.

I wonder if anyone has ceramic coated their windshield?
    Jack Bowser
    C56B2198
    Past Ownership 1991, 3206, and 1763
    2006 Ford GT
    2006 Cadillac XLR-V
    427 Cobra
    2012 Mercedes SLS AMG Roadster
    1924 Dodge Brothers Rat Rod
    Lots of Bowser gas Pumps