Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weather Strip Replacement - Doors

Graham,

That was the first place I checked but I searched "weatherstrip". So I just now searched "rubber" and SHAZAAM! there they were - DOOR PLATEAU "DOG LEG" RUBBER SEALS $199.00 (eek!).

Like searching on the Forum, ya just gotta use the right word!

Thanks!
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

From your post I wasn't sure what rubber you were asking for. Be cautious about what Jack sends you. I received a pair of seals recently that had sticky bed liner sprayed over the rubber to hide casting flaws.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

What is so hard to believe? The Mark II was a treasury of a car. They have always been misunderstood and under appreciated as if they are just "old lincolns." They were almost like a modern custom built carriage but built on a small assembly line. It was a completely different body style in all ways and respects to production Lincoln. Lincoln only served as a vendor of parts to the Continental Division for engine drive train and other parts. Like the washer bottle. I think Jack's price is ok if it is well made, I haven't seen one. It is a complex piece looking at my car.
    Knick Gomez

1956 Mark II C56C2306
    1958 Edsel Villager 9 passenger
    1959 Thunderbird
    1959 Cadillac Series 62
    1952 Cadillac Series 62
    1949 GMC 250 tow truck
    1951 Bentley Mk VI
    2004, 2006 Scion xB

1042 North Lexan Crescent, Norfolk, Virginia 23508

I"ve bought the dog leg door plateau rubber reproductions from every supplier known. I bought a set of old stock reproductions made by the legendary reproduction fellow "Wilkins". I've bought them from MKII Enterprizes, LincolnOldParts store, and Dennis Carpenter Ford parts. ALL were as hard as tires which made door closing difficult to impossible. And, that's hard on the star wheel of the door catch. Now, that was several years ago. Kelly McClure at Lincoln Old Parts said they were casting some new editions out of softer rubber.
    But rubber hardness of the reproductions has been my problem. I even took a dremel tool and carved out the inner fold so they would lay down further....not ideal.
    Accurate repro's have a steel pad on the mating surface to the door plateau..which adds to the thickness/hardness problem.
    Good Luck!
    K Colonna

C56A1773
    C56B2131
    C56D2636
    C56C1917
    1940 Continental Cabriolet H96983
    1946 Continental Cabriolet H141036
    1955 Lincoln Capri
    1959 Lincoln Capri Sport Coupe
    1989 Ford Country Squire wagon
    1998 Mark VIII
    1959 Heinkel Tourist skooter 103-A1

Steel rubber products does have them, it is the only part they have for the Continental
    David Mitchell
    C56_3200

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Wolk View Post
    From your post I wasn't sure what rubber you were asking for. Be cautious about what Jack sends you. I received a pair of seals recently that had sticky bed liner sprayed over the rubber to hide casting flaws.
    Replacements sent. It was a flaw in the new tooling.
    Mark II Enterprises
    Jack R
    MARK II ENTERPRISES
    13533 HITT ROAD
    APPLE VALLEY CA 92308
    Suppliers of '49 thru 79 Lincoln and '56-57 Continental Mark II parts since 1965.