Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1254 - Grandpa gets a "New" Mark II

Default 1254 - Grandpa gets a "New" Mark II

This is great! I didn't check yet to see if the serial number is in the database, but they list it within the video:

Last edited by Pat Marshall; 06-07-2022 at 08:52 PM.
    Russell Chilton

Priceless!
    Andrew Aloisi

1956 Mark ll D2815
    2014 Mercedes E350 station wagon
    2015 BMW 750I
    2019 BMW 4301 CV

Serial # 2154. Here is what we have in the Registry:

Default 2154-No Ownership Record Found After Original FOMOCO Information
    VIN: C56B2154
    SPEC: 14-56C-81-1222-14
    PROD ORDER NO: 1158
    ENG#: ???? BODY TAG NO: ????
    DSO NO: 81
    DSO DETAILS: NONE
    NAMEPLATE: ????
    OWNERSHIP HISTORY:
    1956-E. S. MacPherson, FOMOCO
    1978-84 Unknown FL (L)

HISTORICAL INFORMATION:
    None Reported
    OTHER INFORMATION:
    None Reported

SOURCE CODE INDEX:
    (C) Continental Mark II Association
    (D) Lowell Domholdt
    (F) FoMoCo Records
    (I) Internet Search
    (L) LCOC Records
    (H) Buddy Holiday
    (M) Mark II Forum
    (O) Owner Supplied Information
    (R) Automobile Registration Records

I'm sure someone could contact these folks via their YouTube presence? Maybe they could update the info they have for us.
    Russell Chilton

Russell:
    Where did the VIN 2154 come from?
    That car looks nothing like the original 2154.
    As Ronnie Reagan once said "trust but verify."
    I'm just trying to verify as the car pictured does not resemble 2154 at all. Please help me out here.
    Thanks so much,
    John
    John Snoddy

John-

Yes, it could be totally wrong. In the video, at 7:27, they put it on the screen when "Grandpa" verifies it and says it, but you can't really hear him very well. They have it listed as a weird number, 561-22154 is how they listed it on the screen. Close, and I assumed the 2154 was the last four, so the serial #. Like I said, someone needs to contact the younger couple and see if they would care to verify and share more info about the car. Pretty weak on my part, I know.
    Russell Chilton

I wrote them and reached out. We'll see if they get back in touch with me.
    Russell Chilton

Russell:
    Thanks so much for the clarification. My best guess is C5691254 or 1254; recently sold to a guy in Utah. Beautiful car, thanks for sharing.
    Best regards,
    John
    John Snoddy

I can't help but wonder how a young guy earns enough money to give a $75,000 car to his grandpa. That's a fairly extravagant gift.
    John Snoddy

Can't tell a book by its cover. I had a very successful company at that age.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

John and Barry, great comments and so true, both of you.

Dallin reached out to me after I reached out to him. This was my comment to him:

Bella & Dallin-

I’m writing you for two reasons. Through my algorithm, your video of giving your Grandpa the Mark II came up in my YouTube suggested videos. Firstly, I want to say thank you for sharing. That’s probably the most heartfelt video I’ve seen in a very long time. Being a car guy certainly had something to do with it, as well. Being a Mark II fan is another, which brings me to the other reason for reaching out.

I am a member of the Mark II forum, which is really the only Mark II forum out there. On the forum, we keep a database, a registry of known Mark II’s. The registry is used by car owners for many reasons, like finding out the history of your car, original configuration information, etc. As a group, we also collect info about known cars to know how many are left, how many were in Sapphire Blue, or how many had particular options. The forum itself is used mostly to help fellow Mark II owners in solving various mechanical issues and keeping then on the road. In your video, at 7:27 you put a Serial # up on the screen, but there are discrepancies within what was posted. I probably inadvertently took the last 4 digits, which was 2154 as the Serial # to see if it was a known Mark II (there are many that have never been re-discovered). 2154 it turns out, does not match what we have on record for what your Mark II looks like.

So, I was wondering if you or your Grandpa would be interested in checking out the Registry on the forum and possibly updating the records for your Grandfather’s Mark II?

The Forum can be located here:

https://markiiforum.com/

I posted a thread there with your video on it. It can be found here:

https://www.markiiforum.com/showthre...w-quot-Mark-II

On the main page, you can scroll down to where the Mark II History-Registry-Database is, or if you sign up (which is minimal), one of the Administrators, like Pat Marshall will direct you to info that is already known about the car, if you are interested. I promise you this is not click-bait, nor am I trying to sell anything. I have been an avid car guy, Mark II fan for over 50 years and been a member of that particular forum since 2013. Great group of people, Mark II owners

This was Dallin's response:

Hey Russell,
    Thanks so much for reaching out and I'm glad you enjoyed the video. It's for sure one of my favorite videos i have ever made as It was an incredible moment.
    Thats awesome about the Forum.. we have been trying to find out as much as possible about the car. Would love to know more about the original owner and where the car came out of. The serial number is: C5691254. Body Specif: 07-1 M6E-919-6 Style: II-60A
    Can you tell me everything you can find about the car?
    I will send my grandpa over the forum and have him register as I'm sure he will be highly interested.
    Excited to hear back from you and again, thanks for reaching out.
    Dallin Lambert

I don't have the time this morning, but I'll look up the history and get back to him. His Grandpa will most likely check out the forum and hopefully sign up.
    Russell Chilton