Thread: Blower motor electric

Default Blower motor electric

So now that I have moved from my interior electrical issues (Thanks for the ton of help from you guys), I moved to under the hood. I installed all the new fuse holders that were were missing (thanks Barry for the help on that), the blower motors being one of them. First probelm is I only have one speed on the motors, maybe a switch issue. but my real question is, Why is there power on the bullet connector coming off the wire attached to the screw connected to the blower housing? I have power on all 3 leads. Is that right?

Thanks again
    John Mush
    C56A1836

You have 3 wires from the motor, one is black and gets attached to the housing which is attached to the body grounding system. Do you have a ground strap from the engine to the firewall?

The other two wires are the separate high and low speeds. You should never have power on more than one lead. If you energized both power leads to the motor I think the circuit breaker will open. I would say you have a wiring problem in the console. If I remember correctly the motors operate in unison or you wouldn't be able to clear the windshield on both sides as each side has a mechanical diverter for defrost and cabin heat that operates with one lever for both.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

If you are checking the ground wire for power while it is disconnected and the others connected what you’re detecting is current that has flowed through the windings and out on the motor ground wire.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126