Thread: After market AC compressor, clutch, etc

Default After market AC compressor, clutch, etc

So down to two projects on my 56 Mark II, AC and vent window motor installation and adjustments. AC-I purchased a compressor on line via Ebay from a company that calls itself Vintage Car Parts or somesuch name. Seems that it is missing a third port which the few local AC guys are calliing the POA or STV valve. 1. WIth a new compressor, is there a need for this third port which on the original Tecumseh is on the side of the unit and goes to some sort of valve and cable mounted on the fender in the engine compartment, right side? 2. What's the general consensus on purchasing a rebuilt Tecumseh? Several have told me that they won't last and it depends on how extensive the rebuild is . Is a rebuild just gaskets etc or does it include reworking the pistons and rings, brushes, etc? If someone could point me in the right direction to an engineer i can talk to or a expert member who has gone through a similar converstion. I guess with the conversion, the orginal copper hoses won't be used. There must be a market for those, right? HELP!

Thanks,
    Gary (Duke City Mark)
    Gary Rieves Peterson
    C56F3051

Call Original Air Group:
    5133 W. Idlewild Ave.
    Tampa, FL 33634

tel:1-877-544-9023

https://www.originalair.com

Are you converting to R134a?
    Recommend you consider conversion as it seems as if you are starting from scratch.

Read the article in this link:
    https://www.markiiforum.com/showthre...ner-conversion
    Last edited by jdsnoddy; 05-03-2022 at 03:22 PM.
    John Snoddy