Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heater control valves

Default Heater control valves

I noticed Shelly say he had replaced the heater control valves in his Mark ll. I haven't had much luck sourcing any for mine(they won't fully close anymore) and was wondering if there is anyone selling replacements, or am I looking too deeply instead of trying local rad shops first?

The T-Bird vendors sell one like it that can be modified for use on a Mark II.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Jack's catalog has them which are made for him -- I bought two, unfortunately one failed rather quickly and the other is still installed and working. That led me to keep a regular eye out on eBay. There I found two NOS with different manufacturers names and they perform well. They are usually listed on ebay as a Lincoln, Mercury or t-Bird part.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

Barry, I didn't realize that the ones that the TBIRD houses sell have to be modified. Would you please explain? Thanks.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

I believe there's something about it in the MIIE and mine's at work.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Hate to drag up a 7 year old thread, but Barry mentioned that the T-Bird or CASCO valve requires modification. Any chance of digging out your MIIE and reprinting it here on the forum?
    I found the pictures of both the CASCO valve and the MarkII Enterprises valves and the only difference I can see is the threading on the CASCO valve. Of course just being pictures I have no idea of measurements of the various fittings.
    Heater Control Valve - MKII Enterprises.jpgMarkII Enterprises Heater Coolant Control Valve
    Heater Control Valve - Casco at Parts123.com.jpgCASCO T-Bird Heater Coolant Control Valve
    *C56C2280*
    Ian Cowie, Woodview, ON, Canada
    Also: '51 Packard 250 Conv, '66 Corvair Monza Conv 140HP, '84 MB 190E, '86 RR Corniche II, '94 Ford Aerostar, '04 VW Jetta TDI Sport, '11 Ford F350 KR Crew Cab Dually

Here are 2 NOS Dole valves and one cleaned up valve from a Turnpike Cruiser.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joseph Stebbins

c56j3340

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph Stebbins For This Useful Post:

rickswrecks (06-13-2017)

Default Quickie "Fix" for Heater Control Valves that won't close

12B59759-3217-48EB-B271-77235D2A1F3E.jpgE50B6FC4-F66E-43BA-80D7-709414816959.jpg

TOOO much heat on our feet! I was going to cut the heater tubing and throw in a 1/2 ball valve on each side. First step was then to drain the system or at least the hoses. Hmmm, no need to drain the whole system, just crimp the hose on both sides where I want to cut the line and insert the valve. Okay, I can crimp the rubber hose with a clamp ... what do I have ... welding clamp! Clamp one and now to clamp the other ... wait now!! I just sealed the system the same as adding a valve! Job done and nothing that can't be undone in a flash and now I can take the wife on the AACA car tour tomorrow without burning her feet!

Cheers guys!

Ian
    *C56C2280*
    Ian Cowie, Woodview, ON, Canada
    Also: '51 Packard 250 Conv, '66 Corvair Monza Conv 140HP, '84 MB 190E, '86 RR Corniche II, '94 Ford Aerostar, '04 VW Jetta TDI Sport, '11 Ford F350 KR Crew Cab Dually

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Cowie For This Useful Post:

Doc (06-15-2017), rickswrecks (06-20-2017)

Hey guys, IS therE anything wrong with taking out the valve and running a by pass hose from one tube to the other ? Cuz VIN
    Vincent Cashin
    C56C2571

Joe, since you live in New Orleans have you by passed the hot water to the heater cores to keep the heat out of the passenger compartment? cuz Vinnie
    Vincent Cashin
    C56C2571