Thread: Lght socket

Default Lght socket

Good morning all, I'm rebuilding my gauge cluster, broken wires, bulbs and sockets and such. All rewired but I cant find the lamp sockets for the turn signal indicators, square shaped, 1445 bulb. Any aftermarket socket that will work. I really don't want to grind that opening to a round hole if i can find something to snap in there. Also, what is the finish on the gauges. I want to clean them at the end but am afraid to rub the finish off.

20220205_144814.jpg

Thanks
    John Mush
    C56A1836

John ...DO NOT attempt to clean the gauges faces with any fluid since surface anodizing is extremely soluble in aqueous (ie. water based) or solvent fluids. Not even a damp cloth. Brush any dust away with a soft dry material (say cotton wool).

Your gauge faces already look in very nice/bright/vivid condition, I sincerely advise you leave them alone ...some of us (including me) have already failed to heed this advice and regret it.

PS. I have an old gauge cluster chassis and will see if there are any indicator bulb mounts etc. left on it.
    Last edited by Mark Norris; 04-19-2022 at 06:34 AM.
    Mark Norris
    C56G3186
    1963 Aston Martin DB4 Series V Vantage
    1951 C-type Jaguar (alloy replica)
    1934 Lagonda M45 Tourer

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Norris View Post
    John ...DO NOT attempt to clean the gauges faces with any fluid since surface anodizing is extremely soluble in aqueous (ie. water based) or solvent fluids. Not even a damp cloth. Brush any dust away with a soft dry material (say cotton wool).

Your gauge faces already look in very nice/bright/vivid condition, I sincerely advise you leave them alone ...some of us (including me) have already failed to heed this advice and regret it.

PS. I have an old gauge cluster chassis and will see if there are any indicator bulb mounts etc. left on it.
    Holy crap....thanks for the heads up on cleaning the gauges...yes they look pretty good as they are and I won't touch them. Thanks for looking out for the bulb sockets..much appreciated
    John Mush
    C56A1836

The indicator repeater lights in the dash cluster fit into these bulb sockets (if this is what you are looking for then I have two spare ones on this old chassis);

IMG_1659.jpg

These in turn fit into a side mounted metal shrouds which clip into the rear of the dash gauges chassis (no spares for these though, they are so crude you could probably make some yourself);

IMG_1658.jpg

The light then passes through small rectangular cardboard tubes to the green lenses one can see on the front of the gauge cluster.
    Last edited by Mark Norris; 04-19-2022 at 04:34 PM.
    Mark Norris
    C56G3186
    1934 Lagonda M45 Tourer

The indicator repeater lights in the dash cluster fit into these bulb sockets (if this is what you are looking for then I have two spare ones on this old chassis);

IMG_1659.jpg

These in turn fit into a side mounted metal shrouds which clip into the rear of the dash gauges chassis (no spares for these though, they are so crude you could probably make some yourself);

IMG_1658.jpg

The light then passes through small rectangular cardboard tubes to the green lenses one can see on the front of the gauge cluster.
    That is exactly right. I have bulbs in sockets that are held in place with electric tape and wire wrapped around the socket to make ground....a sloppy mess...so yes I need the part that clips them to the square hole. This is something I can make? If so, I'll do that. But if yiu have what I need and you ar willing to part with them, message me the details.

Thank You
    Last edited by JohnC; 04-19-2022 at 05:55 PM.
    John Mush
    C56A1836

Hi John, I'm sorry they not an item I'm willing to part with (they are on my full backup instrument cluster). I'll see if they unclip easily and take a a few more photos if they do. Perhaps Lincolns of the era might have used similar parts? Failing that your best bet is to look for some on Ebay or ask Jack R. to part some out from his back lot (I find he is a good source for the "you'll never find one listed" parts).
    Last edited by Mark Norris; 04-20-2022 at 03:02 AM.
    Mark Norris
    C56G3186
    1934 Lagonda M45 Tourer

Hi John, I'm sorry they not an item I'm willing to part with (they are on my full backup instrument cluster). I'll see if they unclip easily and take a a few more photos if they do. Perhaps Lincolns of the era might have used similar parts? Failing that your best bet is to look for some on Ebay or ask Jack R. to part some out from his back lot (I find he is a good source for the "you'll never find one listed" parts).
    Understood...hang on to your parts... and yes , Jack has been a great resource for a the small unlisted parts.
    John Mush
    C56A1836