Thread: Cigar Lighter Questions

Default Cigar Lighter Questions

Hi All. Looking at the schematic of the wiring for Instrument Lamp circuit (Pg 254 Fig. 50), What are these Front ash tray lamps and cigar lighter lamps? I have ash trays in the doors for the front passenger and driver but not individual cigar lighters for each side. I lift the ashtray lids in the front and its just an ashtray, no lighter, no light. Is something missing?

Also, how does the lighter remove from the dash. I dont think it threads and it's not spring loaded like the ignition. I need to clean all the plastics and that one got me stumped and I don't want to scratch or crack the plastic forcing it out.

Thanks
    John Mush
    C56A1836

The light for the front ashtray is accessed though the oval port on the front end of the arm rest. The ash receptacle has a hole in the side to let light in.

if I remember correctly the lighter is a conventional 2 piece shell/core that have a short thread on the end. The front seats share a lighter while the back seat has a lighter/ashtray/light on the same front door armrest at the rear. That arm rest is also the duct work to bring heat to the floor of the back seat.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

So the left and right ashtray lamp i get. Are these the lights for the lighters in the rear of the door panels, the back ashtrays?
    lighter_LI.jpg

Thanks
    John Mush
    C56A1836

Yes, they just extend off the front lighter and light circuits. The wiring hangs off clips that are attached to the screws that hold the crappy in-door ductwork that caries heat to the rear footwell area.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Wolk View Post
    Yes, they just extend off the front lighter and light circuits. The wiring hangs off clips that are attached to the screws that hold the crappy in-door ductwork that caries heat to the rear footwell area.
    HAHA Got it....it is crappy...it so crappy that someone installed new leather on the lower door panels and did not even cut the holes for the air to pass through. Which I understand now since everything that has to do with heat except the heater cores is missing. Thank God for Mark II Enterprises...it will all be here Weds.
    John Mush
    C56A1836