Thread: Looking for a professional paint and body shop

Default Looking for a professional paint and body shop

Hi, I live in Oceanside, CA. I am looking for a restoration shop in my area. Someone that will take it as a rolling car, will remove the front and rear glass, separate the chassis and body, take it all the way down to metal, do proper metal repair, and paint it. Fit al panels properly reinstall front and rear glass, etc. Thank you
    Normand (Joe) Biglione Jr.

56 Continental Mark II
    69 Cougar Eliminator 428R-Code 4spd
    59 Autobianchi Bianchina Transformable
    56 Dodge Coronet
    70 Boss 302 (vintage race car)

I hate to tell you this but most body shops are in it for the easy money and easy repairs. I checked around locally and I couldn’t find a place that would touch mine for under $25,000 if at all. I repainted my car for $1600 in materials and it took around 20 days.
    Morgan Milstead
    C5691157

Joe:
    I agree with Morgan. Most places know how to replace a fender, fewer know how to repair a fender. It is tough to find a professional which would do the type of work you want. I suggest going to car meets/swaps. Hang out at Pebble Beach.
    Look at cars which meet your standards and ask the owners who did their work and who they might recommend. So bottom line is: shop around and do your research. I hired a paint and body man who repainted my 1993 Ford Mustang 5.0L Convertible and he did an excellent job. He worked at the Ford dealership by day and did my car on his own time. They are out there. Good luck, John
    Last edited by jdsnoddy; 03-18-2022 at 10:22 AM.
    John Snoddy