Thread: Recommended carb rebuilder

Default Recommended carb rebuilder

I do not give recommendations lightly. Sal does great work, inexpensively. He has a plethora of parts.

Ship him your carb and you'll get it back in no time. Mine bolted on and drove smoothly. Other than setting the timing and the idle it drove fine, right out of the box. I did have to adjust the kick-down.

Sal's number is (586) 612-1650 sal_cicala@yahoo.com

Career History of Sal Cicala

1968 thru 1972 - Auto Clinic in Easpointe, MI, rebuild carburetors, generators, alternators and starter motors for garage and auto parts store stock.

1970 thru 1971 - US Army at Ft. Wainwright in Fairbanks, AK as a mechanic on light wheeled vehicles.

1972 - 1984 - Zenith Carburetor (Detroit) engineering lab doing flow box work, prototype carburetor development, dynamometer engine carburetor calibration, production problem resolution, propane carburetor calibration and customer problem and warrnty support/visits.

1984 - 1988 - Jack Roush Perfomance Engineering (Livonia, MI). Day shift senior technician for dynamometer dept. set up and operation.

1988 - 2013 - Ford Motor Company Truck Powertrain Development Engineering (engine calibration). Involved development vehicle ordering (Super Duty gas and diesel), maintainence, updating and some engine calibration work to support engineers. Also arranged vehicle movement for winter and summer testing in Arizona and Canada and support test trips.

February 28, 2013 - Retired
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Thank you Barry. I second the recommendation and have been extremely satisfied with the work that Mr. Cicala has done for me.

Sal is also a forum member on Jalopy Jornal and Ford Barn and gives advice as well.
    C56K3391
    Two-Tone 05/16
    1950 Mercury Sedan