PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the 700 squares in grill

arionrjw
03-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Has anyone come up with a great way to clean the nearly 700 squares in the grill. I have started with a tooth brush and can see that this is a good day project but was wondering if there is an easier way.

Joseph Stebbins
03-10-2016, 01:12 PM
I ran one side of mine through the dishwasher and it knocked out most of the grime and followed up with a cloth and chrome polish Of course it was off the car... You'd need a really big dishwasher otherwise...:)

Dick Speelman
03-10-2016, 05:23 PM
My wife looked up from her kitting and said if I can get the car in the kitchen go for!

Bob Barger
03-11-2016, 07:27 AM
My wife looked up from her kitting and said if I can get the car in the kitchen go for!

Now that's one understanding wife!! A small bottle brush may be easier to use than a toothbrush, like many things on the Mark there is no easy way. By the way, are the flat areas of the squares left plain or are they painted black?

Don Henschel
03-12-2016, 08:58 AM
Now that's one understanding wife!! A small bottle brush may be easier to use than a toothbrush, like many things on the Mark there is no easy way. By the way, are the flat areas of the squares left plain or are they painted black?

Neither. They were painted Argent and I often wondered what the easiest way to repaint would be other than spraying from the back side forward and then carefully wiping any overspray on the front with a cloth soaked lightly with paint reducer. Mine still has this color paint within the grill. If one re chromed the grill this would be required. I clean mine with a spray cleaner called Spray Nine and let it soak for a bit and then carefully with a high pressure washer.