PDA

View Full Version : Try to see Motorcycles

Shelly Harris
12-19-2015, 11:40 AM
This is not Mark II related but I ride a motorcycle.. several in fact, and it is a strange phenomenon that motorists are blind to motorcycles. I post the following video in the hope that experiemced drivers such as Mark II enthusiasts will always be watchfull for the motorcycles sharing the highway with car and truck drivers.

Here's a video of an on coming left hand turn vehicle and motorcycle encounter. It is a bit shocking and graphic.

Click here (http://i.imgur.com/qN33HHS.gif)

RL Chilton
12-21-2015, 09:59 AM
Thank you for posting this. Making people aware might very well help and cannot possibly hurt. In the late 80's I was run over by a drunk driver in a car whilst I was on a motorcycle. He (the other driver) told the officers he never saw me (didn't help he was intoxicated). I don't ride anymore and if I ever do again, it will be only in my neighborhood and out in the country where I live. People in cars simply don't look for something the size of a motorcycle. :mad:

Sean Rollins
12-21-2015, 11:58 AM
Unfortunately, it seems that a motorcycle fits into the blind spot created by a cell phone.... Sorry to hear that you were hit.

John Herrell
01-09-2016, 12:12 PM
This is not Mark II related but I ride a motorcycle.. several in fact, and it is a strange phenomenon that motorists are blind to motorcycles. I post the following video in the hope that experiemced drivers such as Mark II enthusiasts will always be watchfull for the motorcycles sharing the highway with car and truck drivers.

Here's a video of an on coming left hand turn vehicle and motorcycle encounter. It is a bit shocking and graphic.

Click here (http://i.imgur.com/qN33HHS.gif)
I ride a *lot* myself and would add one curiosity. It's generally accepted that drivers don't see motorcycles. However, they *do* manage to spot moto-cops. Curious, huh? (For awhile I had a cop bike and I can tell you folks noticed it. Maybe there's the solution: only buy black and white ones.)