PDA

View Full Version : High society on Netflix

thundershine
10-16-2015, 12:45 AM
For all you high society fans has just been uploaded onto Netflix

John Herrell
11-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Inspired by this post, I just watched it for the third or maybe fourth time. First time was the most memorable. Just released and I was all of 12 years old. For some reason my dad drove me to the theater (a good 10 miles away) and dropped me off (solo) for the afternoon. I still find that whole thing curious. But I was and am a romantic. That's how long I've loved that car. (The other time(s) were long ago.) Here's the really odd thing. Until seeing it again just now, I wouldda bet a Mark II pink slip that it was Bing Crosby who drove that car. (I guess the fates are being kind to me in this instance. Sure glad I didn't just lose THAT bet!)

baron
11-03-2015, 03:28 PM
John, I have not seen that movie since it first came out and, as you, was quite impressed, especially seeing the black Mark ll roll along the circular drive. My memory is the it was driven by an old guy who played Grace Kelly's father, but I would not bet on that either.

11-03-2015, 11:02 PM
The old guy was Louis Calhern, one of the great character actors of his time.

The may well have been Sinatra's. He owned #1884, black with grey and white leather, just like the one in the film.

Alan Harris
C56D2744

John Herrell
11-04-2015, 11:43 AM
I read that Ford provided the car for the filming.