PDA

View Full Version : Change Year on Title at DMV

Flipflopscott
08-14-2015, 01:31 PM
How do I prove to the DMV that My car currently registered as a 1956 is really a 1957 ?

Sean Rollins
08-14-2015, 06:21 PM
Good luck with that. While at it ,get them to call it a Continental instead of a Lincoln...:D

Nick DeSpirito
08-14-2015, 06:35 PM
Same Here. Mine is registered as a Lincoln too.

08-14-2015, 07:16 PM
Mine is titled as a Lincoln. My LaSalle is titled as a Cadillac.

DMV's are not sympathetic to orphaned companion cars!

Brian in San Diego
08-15-2015, 09:57 AM
From California DMV website:

22.045 Errors on Certificate of Title and/or Registration Card

The Certificate of Title or an Application for Duplicate Title (REG 227) must be submitted to the department to correct most errors on the title or registration card.
A Verification of Vehicle (REG 343) may be required to substantiate the error when the VIN or description of the vehicle (body type, year model, etc.) is in error.

Mark II Seeker
08-15-2015, 10:59 AM
I wasn't able to get the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation to title mine correctly. The first title read "Conceptor", whatever that is. The intercession of a State Representative didn't work either, except to have it re titled as a Lincoln.

Flipflopscott
08-15-2015, 05:05 PM
I was hoping there was an official (as in from Ford) Data sheet or something that would list when My car was made

Bob Barger
08-15-2015, 05:35 PM
From California DMV website:

22.045 Errors on Certificate of Title and/or Registration Card

The Certificate of Title or an Application for Duplicate Title (REG 227) must be submitted to the department to correct most errors on the title or registration card.
A Verification of Vehicle (REG 343) may be required to substantiate the error when the VIN or description of the vehicle (body type, year model, etc.) is in error.

My first thought, HUH?

SLK
08-27-2015, 09:06 AM
First I would see if someone can send you the build sheet for your car. You might also look under the rear seat. According to the database, only 17 cars were built after yours before production ceased in May of 1957.

What are the missing numbers after your trim code on your data plate?
*C56T3972*
01-1B6M-???-??
The first number will be 5 (May) for the month and the next will be the day it was produced. The last number is a sequence number beginning with No. 1 each day and continuing consecutively through pro*duction day. If the production schedule is not completed on production day, consecutive series continues the following day· until schedule has been completed.

Flipflopscott
08-30-2015, 08:33 PM
01-7-1B6M-N
This is My Body Specif number

SLK
09-01-2015, 09:26 AM
OK, so your car is Black (01) with White Leather Seat Biscuits and Bolsters With Deep Red Leather Welts (1B6M). I don't know what the 7 or N means. I checked Buddy's book and found this.

As described in the patent plate information sheet, the first 2 digits are the color; the next 4 digits are the trim; the next group of digits, either 2, 3, or 4 in number are the month and day of production, and the final digit or two digits are the rotation numbers. The color code system and the trim code system are discus¬sed in other sections of this chapter. The date of manufacture is coded numerically by the month and day, i.e., 116 equals November 6, etc. Occasionally, this will appear, particularly in the later production cars, as "K24", which would equal September 24. The last 2 digits, the rotation number, indicate in which sequence the Mark II's left the plant. Researchers have found that there are gaps in the rotation numbers between certain serial numbers, indicating that the units did not leave the plant necessarily in serial number order. It is believed that a vehicle would occasionally be pulled off the final assembly line while other units continued into the production and then this unit placed back on the line at a later time, to be placed in a ro¬tation number sequence not necessarily consistent with serial number sequence. The letters 'lA, N" etc appears as the last digit in lieu of dates of manufacturing and rotation numbers. We have no knowledge of the significance of these letters.

SLK
09-01-2015, 09:37 AM
You might contact Pat Marshall with all of the data to see if he has a copy of your invoice. He'll need:
VIN:
SPEC CODE:
ENGINE:
BODY TAG:
CARPET PLATE:

Nick DeSpirito
09-01-2015, 06:26 PM
You're right Ben. The '57 Data plates are hard to decipher.

SLK
09-02-2015, 01:27 PM
In the last month of production, do you think they just said "oh, what the hell, put anything you want on that one"? That will really screw them up in 40 years.

Nick DeSpirito
09-02-2015, 06:20 PM
In the last month of production, do you think they just said "oh, what the hell, put anything you want on that one"? That will really screw them up in 40 years.

LOL, that's what it looks like. :confused:

Pat Marshall
09-07-2015, 05:24 AM
Check here for answers!

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?t=6049&highlight=crazy

Also, I do have a copy of 3972's Dealer Invoice. That information is posted in 3972's history in our registry.