PDA

View Full Version : Vermontville Founder's Day

SLK
07-25-2015, 10:46 AM
I was at the founders day with my Mark II and had a burgundy Mark II drive by on Route 3. Who was it?

Ian Cowie
07-30-2015, 10:45 PM
Well that was my wife and I in our Mark II.

Our AACA - Ontario Region has a week long tour every July and this year we circumnavigated Lake Champlain.

We left home on Sunday 19th and met the other 15 cars at Gananoque, ON. Monday we crossed the US border and stayed in Plattsburgh, NY.
Tuesday morning the car started making some banging noises and we ended up at Warren Goodyear Service Center where they diagnosed a failed driveshaft center bearing and housing. Ordered up parts from MKII Enterprises, left the car, rented an Impala and continued on to Waterbury, VT.
Wednesday we arrived at Bennington, VT where we attended the Hemmings Cruise Night ... without my Mark II! :mad:
Friday morning we headed back to Plattsburgh and returned the rental and picked up the Mark II ... $200 for the parts and $200 for the labor. Discovered that my trunk is not very water tight as my Technical Manual was sitting on the right side of the spare tire and was completely water logged!

Saturday we then toured and passed through Vermontville on route to ending the day at Potsdam, NY.

Sorry we didn't drop in ... but we never got the invite?! Just kidding.

Ian and Jan Cowie

SLK
07-31-2015, 03:52 PM
You honked as you went by. Did you see my Mark II as you passed? I said to one of the guys next to me that having two cars in one place is sort of rare, especially in Vermontville. If you had stopped, I could have given you a technical manual since I have two.
If you're down this way again, please let me know.

Ian Cowie
07-31-2015, 10:51 PM
No I did not see your Mark II ... just noticed some nice cars and gave a honk in support!
Shame we did not stop but just gives us a great reason to head back some day. Thanks for the offer of the tech manual ... I'll have to go check out mine and see if it has dried out!

SLK
08-06-2015, 07:37 AM
I heard the honk and thought it sounded familiar. That's when I turned around to see you go by. I guess I need to update my signature to include my 72 Honda CL350.