PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Recommendations

arpwh
03-17-2015, 12:29 PM
Has anyone shipped their Mark recently? Looking for recommendations on nation wide shippers. Open versus closed shipping, timeliness, etc.
thanks

mastersg
03-17-2015, 09:36 PM
Hello. Where is the car now and where is it going? Zip codes will dictate availability and price. Will save $$'s if you have it delivered to a commercial place (close by your house) as opposed to a residence. Enclosed is very expensive, but if the car is 'special', it maybe worth it.

Sean Rollins
03-17-2015, 10:18 PM
Ask that axel straps be used to tie down rather that those nylon over the tire slings. When mine was taken for a commercial shoot those tie downs ruined a full set of new 3" whitewall tires.

Robert McGuire
03-17-2015, 10:24 PM
Hello Sir , I have had many cars shipped. I google auto transport. Find a site that suits you and but your info in. You will get immediate response. Don't go with the lowest but next to that. you can always add a few dollars if not picked up. Depending on your zip code will tell the shipper how often a truck is in your area. Never give any money till the broker has a transport truck contracted to pick up. your car. Depending on value of your car would determine open or closed truck and how deep your pockets are. I have never had a problem with open .All transport companys carry ins on your auto. Good Luck

VidyBidneth
03-17-2015, 10:25 PM
Had a Mark II project car with tons of extra parts hauled from Phoenix to LA by an LA guy with a heavy duty pick-up and trailer. He was able to put all the extra parts in the bed of his truck those that didn't fit inside the car. Turned out to be a bargain over having to motor freight the extra parts.