PDA

View Full Version : 2897 - Mark II Titled as Lincoln in PA

Mark II Seeker
09-24-2014, 02:54 PM
I have tried, without success, to have my Mark II titled as a Continental in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

The first attempt resulted in the car being titled as a concept. The second title resulted in it being titled as a Lincoln. The car came with a Washington state title that clearly read Continental Mark II. Also, a friend who is an antique auto dealer had his title clerk do the registration and even reached out to his state rep for assistance.

Has anyone in Pennsylvania been able to title their Mark correctly? Anyone had difficulty in other states?

Bob Barger
09-25-2014, 10:46 AM
My car is titled as a Lincoln in CA. I had the same problem trying to title it as a Continental.

Doc
09-25-2014, 12:35 PM
And ours has always been titled as a "Conti" in CA. Not sure there's any logic/rationality to how they're done now, but in 1955 they seemed prepared to accept that Continental was a "new" and distinct brand.

DkBlueII
09-26-2014, 06:35 AM
In NCIC/ Meters there is an allowance for the Continental brand as a vehicle make. CONT is the abbreviation. In MD ours is listed this way, NCIC is a national database, not sure why there'd be a problem other than lazy DMV employees who don't want to bother looking it up.

Dan
09-26-2014, 08:18 PM
They won't change mine in DC
I got them to allow me to use year of manufacture plates after 2 years of polite pestering, but they won't budge on changing the Lincoln to Continental

linmk2
09-27-2014, 01:25 PM
The make listed on my Texas title is "Cont". I know my car was originally sold in Texas. Perhaps it stayed there is entire life and that's why the title shows the correct make.