PDA

View Full Version : Mad Scientist passed away this morning

Mad Scientist
12-15-2013, 03:05 PM
if this is the wrong forum for this, hopefully a mod can move it

Mad Scientist, My father, and owner of this account, passed away extremely unexpectedly this morning.
so if you were waiting for any answers from him, or anything from him, it seems unlikely that he will be able to follow up.

his son,
Ken

fcar
12-15-2013, 03:35 PM
My condolences sent for your loss.

Joseph Stebbins
12-15-2013, 04:11 PM
I think I speak for all here in saying that he will be missed greatly and we are saddened at the news.

If there is anything we can do please just ask. If there is to be a service please post the information.

Joseph

Sean Rollins
12-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Im so sorry for your loss. He will be missed.

Barry Wolk
12-15-2013, 06:42 PM
He was a great friend to all of us. He will be missed.

Robert McGuire
12-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Hello Ken Sorry to hear of your Dads passing. May those great memories help you in the days ahead.

wkarson
12-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Ken, I just wrote to your father 2 days ago on this forum. My most sincere condolences. He will be sorely missed.

Kindly,

-Ward

Roger Zimmermann
12-16-2013, 02:23 AM
Cincere condolences. He helped me with my project. We will miss him.

Shawn Newcomb
12-16-2013, 03:15 AM
Shocked and saddened. Rich was certainly one of the 'notable' Mark II owners as far as this forum member is concerned.

Nick DeSpirito
12-16-2013, 04:56 AM
I am very sorry to hear this. Please accept My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Matt Cashion
12-16-2013, 08:04 AM
I know I've never followed the works of such a tanented person with as much interest as I have your dad's. My sincere condolences go out to you and your family. God Bless

Mark II Seeker
12-16-2013, 10:05 AM
My condolences to you and your family. He was a great resource and contributor here and will be missed.

Shelly Harris
12-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Ken;

My sincere condolences to you and your family. Rich will be greatly missed on this forum and to me personally. He was very generous with his knowledge, ideas and talent helping us Mark II owners keeping their car running on the road. Everytime the lttle red warning gas light goes on, I'll be thinking of the extraordinary Mad Scientist.

RODPARTS
12-16-2013, 12:57 PM
My condolences. Rich's posts were thoroughly enjoyed - he was a big part of this forum. His enthusiasm and creativity will be missed by us all.

jdsnoddy
12-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Ken:
Mad was one of a kind. An extremely creative guy to didn't mind thinking out of the box to solve a problem. I enjoyed reading his threads for sure. Mad was great at improvising and could almost take any readily available object and make it work for an unintended purpose. When faced with missing stainless steel molding, Mad took wood and made his own. In rebuilding a Mark II clock, Mad went to some variety store, like K-Mart, and made his own.
He could always be counted on to help solve the most difficult problems.
He is deeply missed.

John Snoddy

Doc
12-16-2013, 02:06 PM
My condolences to Rich's family and friends. His contributions were certainly a vital part of this Forum and enriched us all. I'll miss his posts; strange how we can become "friends" in cyberspace without ever really meeting one another in person.

Mad Scientist
12-16-2013, 03:43 PM
there will be a gathering of friends/fellow car enthusiasts at Countyside Funeral Home in Roselle Illinois (http://www.countrysidefuneralhomes.com/fh/facilities/facilities.cfm?page=3&fh_id=11599)
this Saturday from 12 to 4
not so much of a memorial service as such, because he just wasn't all that into that sort of thing, but a gathering of friends/fellow car enthusiasts is the sort of thing he would have done...

Shelly Harris
12-16-2013, 07:45 PM
there will be a gathering of friends/fellow car enthusiasts at Countyside Funeral Home in Roselle Illinois (http://www.countrysidefuneralhomes.com/fh/facilities/facilities.cfm?page=3&fh_id=11599)
this Saturday from 12 to 4
not so much of a memorial service as such, because he just wasn't all that into that sort of thing, but a gathering of friends/fellow car enthusiasts is the sort of thing he would have done...
I am out of state till new years... I wish that I could be there

Son of 216
12-17-2013, 07:39 AM
I loved reading his contributions. He will be truly missed. My sympathies to the entire family.

Keith W Colonna
12-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Ken, I am so sorry to hear this...I've lost my father as well. Your Dad was for me a mentor in the antique car hobby. I bought some parts from him a few years ago and we communicated whenever I had a problem that his expertise could resolve. He was generous with his time, kind to strangers like me and a kindred spirit that helped unite this Forum. Please consider this group your friends and don't hesitate to contact me/us if you need someone to talk to.

Chuck Lutz
12-18-2013, 12:04 AM
Ken, I'm too am so sorry for your loss. I so enjoyed all of the fellowship Rich provide as a member of this group. When I opened the Mark II Forum and saw the posting title, I skipped a breath. Please know he will be missed by us and will continue to be respected and remembered.

joeinbcs
12-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Ken,
Your Dad was very generous with his time and expertise, answering questions I had here on the Forum and on the phone with unfailing good humor. I'm sure most everybody here on the Forum joins me in wishing we could be there to celebrate his life. Best wishes, Joe Northrop

lincoln mark
12-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Ken, Really do not know what to say, except you and your family have my sympathies. I remember your father posted a picture of his work shop, I said it looked like a local machine shop. I am sure you father was just as impressive as his work shop. He was very helpful to everyone on this forum. Mark A Maromonte

continentalguy
12-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Ken, my condolences to you and your family. I know for a fact that he will truly be missed on this forum. I always enjoyed reading his posts, as he always knew a way around something to make it function (or how to modify and improve our classic cars). The man left a true legacy behind.

crystal59
12-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Thoughts and Prayers.

ishigakisensei
12-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Sorry to read about this loss for the family and MarkII community.

wkarson
12-20-2013, 02:24 AM
An incredibly touching and beautiful gesture of Mad's Mark II on the website mast. It's amazing how many people's lives Mad touched. Being relatively new to this community, but having e-mailed w/ him once or twice, I can only imagine what an amazing man he must've been.

lincoln mark
12-20-2013, 07:23 AM
Mads Mark ii, a nice touch, a very nice touch.

linmk2
12-21-2013, 12:51 PM
This shocking news! My deepest sympathy to the family. I always enjoyed reading his posts.