PDA

View Full Version : 2345 - Recent History

Ian Cowie
05-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Nice starfire white with 2 toned beige leather seats for sale on eBay by The Classic Car Gallery in Southport, Connecticut (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lincoln-Continental_W0QQitemZ250815040505QQcategoryZ6304QQ cmdZViewItem#v4-44).
Ignore the listed VIN as it is incorrect.
Correct VIN is of course, C56C2345 (http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqUOKjEE1-Z,+tklBNwcwguTtw~~_4.JPG).
Seats have quite the "patina" and gotta love the clear plastic covers!

I received this a new EBay listing today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lincoln-Continental-MKII-/141325331638?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

It is also listed on Hemmings by the Classic Car Gallery for $39,900.
http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/continental/mark_ii/1658984.html

The EBAY auction has ended at the same $39,900 but don't know if it sold or not.

2345 is for sale on EBAY 141899966393 MJ CLASSIC CARS LAKELAND FL - Sold new by Truman Jones Motor Company of Big Springs, Texas in February, 1956 to Ruth Currie. At some point this car went through a cosmetic restoration of new paint, and some chrome refreshed. The engine and transmission were just recently removed, inspected and resealed. Only about 1K miles since refresh was completed.

This car has had a very nice dual stage repaint in factory White. Most of the chrome looks original including the bumpers. Original two tone Brown & White leather seat upholstery with newer plastic covers to preserve the originality. Original door panels, carpet, headliner and dash. This model also included a factory tach, one of the first cars to have that feature. Original AM Town & Country radio and factory clock. MY CELL PHONE - Mike @ 863-944-8615 OR EMAIL [email]sales@mjcclassiccars.com[/email

Here is the link to our Registry History and car pix attached.

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=43584

Good looking car, but!!! Read the text in the ad:

We are selling this car two ways at buyer's choice. For either choice, we will
repair any major mechanicals including engine, transmission, brakes and exhaust.
The air conditioning, power seat, tach, gauges, clock and heater are not working.
We can also have the seats revamped in new leather.
We will sell the car with these options repaired or not repaired, depending on the buyer's preference.
Please call to work out a buy it now.

That sounds like a lot of work, no, more like a lot of trouble for $49,500.

2345 F/S gateway Kansas City. $63,500 OBO
as of 8/26/2020 now $59,000
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=164258551752

https://youtu.be/ZnfbG6ByZvQ?t=41
Ladies and gentlemen, Gateway Classic Cars of Kansas City is proud to present on of the rarest vehicles to grace our facility, a stunning 1956 Lincoln Continental Mark II!
Mark II Continentals were Ford Motor Company's image cars during an era when the then-family-owned automaker sought to compete with GM by making a stock offering to the public in 1956. These cars didn't sell well, but they were never intended to. They were sold by the then-new Continental Division through Lincoln dealers. This car marks the first use of the modern perimeter frame, allowing for a Hudson Hornet-like ?step-down" interior and lower center of gravity. The lower roofline adds to a look that seems modern even to 21st century eyes. Renowned as one of the 1950s finest designs, these class-act automobiles were built as well as anything in the world at the time. Only a handful of custom-crafted convertible versions were built by coachmakers, but they were equally stunning. Styling was an intentional update of the original Continentals from the 1940s. The engines were specially constructed Lincoln-derived units individually tested prior to installation, and the new Multi-Drive automatic meant that Ford no longer needed to rely upon arch-enemy GM for automatic transmissions in luxury cars as it had through 1954. Costing a then-astronomical $10,000 plus, the cars were exclusive when new and are even more exclusive now. Merely 2,550 were built for 1956 and 444 for 1957.
Our fantastic white with tan interior Mark II, with only 88,736 miles on the odometer, is loaded to the max with air conditioning, am radio, power steering, power seats, power windows, tachometer, and leather interior and a powerful 368 V-8 backed by a turbo drive three speed transmission. Tons of work is already done on this special automobile including; engine/transmission pulled and resealed, complete brake overhaul, new exhaust to original specs, air condition compressor rebuilt, rebuilt carburetor, re-cored radiator, new belts and hoses, new plug wires and brackets, as original, tune up including cap, rotor, points, wires, plugs, new heater water control valves, clock rebuilt, radio rebuilt, repainted around 2001, clear plastic covering over leather seats.
This very rare find is available today, but probably not tomorrow. [ omitted ]. Gateway Classic Cars of Kansas City, 1202 South lone Elm Road, Olathe, KS 66061, 877-399-7026.

Jeff Smith
09-15-2020, 08:54 PM
I obtained C56C2345 from MJC classic cars in Lakeland Florida about a year ago about a week before the Florida Dept of Revenue shut him down and the Lakeland police barricaded his property to prevent any cars from leaving. The dealership owed me approximately $70,000 because he had not paid me for numerous cars that I had on consignment with him that he had sold and kept the money. I placed 2345 at Gateway classic cars in Kansas City in June of this year hoping to sell it. It did not sell and I am happy to report that it is back home safe and sound. It is a very nice car, with the undercarriage showing no signs of ever having any rust. It was originally sold in Texas. I am looking forward to improving it and getting some highway miles. It is also absolutely the easiest VIN number to remember. Always a plus!

Knickoliss Iv
11-18-2020, 01:04 AM
Hi Jeff! A great VIN indeed. The history on your car is neat too. Big Spring is only five hours from me. A great coincidence is your car was made only two days after mine. Second car made that day and yours the third so nearly 48 hours difference exactly. Mine is 2306 and was sold new in Tucson. I was looking at the route from Big Spring to Tucson and I'd almost be willing to bet our cars came this way on the same truck. 2345 was dropped off in Big Spring and 2306 continued on to Tucson. You never know!

Jeff Smith
11-18-2020, 07:02 PM
Yes, I love the history on these cars. I grew up in an oil town in southern Oklahoma called Ada. There were a half dozen oil barons there, one of which, Mr Delaney, owned a Mark II. We lived on a street opposite their barn/pond/pasture. I vaguely remember the mark II but remember most their 62 Continental sedan. They would drive slowly up and down the street each afternoon for a daily drive and survey their property. She drove, as he was already too frail. They also had a 41 Continental. I believe he was the main investor in Fitts field located in Fittstown, OK about 20 miles away. He had an English tudor mansion built there in Ada in 1936 Looking through the records, he did not buy the Mark II in Ada, although the dealer there did sell one. He bought the Mark II from Fred Jones in Oklahoma City.

Jeff Smith
04-13-2021, 09:09 PM
I have sold 2345 to a man in Cape Coral Florida. His name is Dan and he loves Lincolns and particularly Continental Mark II's in particular. I drove the car to Florida from Kansas City, a total of 1482 miles and had absolutely no problems with the Mark. I drove two lanes 90% of the way and many of the people in rural Mississippi and Alabama had never seen one. I averaged 13.3 MPG. In summary, 2345 went to Dan in Cape Coral Florida. I plan to purchase a 61 convertible to keep company with my 61 sedan

jdsnoddy
06-05-2022, 08:34 PM
2345 F/S FB Overland Park, Kansas Jeff Smith, owner.
Asking $39,500. White with nostrils and front bumper guards.mileage indicated: 92,556. Seems reasonably priced to me, if the frame is solid.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LincolnContinental/permalink/5498831643461615/
Price update:. 6/24/2022 now $59,900